“Something different”
Review of Madam Woo

Madam Woo
Ranked #65 of 394 Restaurants in Dunedin
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Sublime tastes however quite pricey considering the amount. For $12 the chicken sate entree really was dissapointing due to the tiny chicken chunks.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Fourth visit to Woo, and much like the previous experiences, pretty average.
Some of the dishes are very very good, the nonya chicken was great and the dumplings were the best ever! But a lot of the food is underwhelming flavour wise, I had the laksa and it was as dull as dishwater, I can make better at home.
The consensus from our table of 6 was consistent , small portions, not great value for money and a little lackluster, great wine list though, albeit expensive.
There is better venues in Dunedin offering the same cuisine at better value.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We were a group of five. We ended up in a corner. Two of us were seated hard up against a very cold wall, so not a good start. I ordered a ginger mojito which was nice but pricey for its size. Two of us ordered the laksa. Big mistake. We both thought it was watery and lacking any gutsy flavour. The others enjoyed their meals. Probably won’t return as on my first visit I was underwhelmed by the duck salad - I was not given the dressing on it which I’ve heard since is a common occurrence.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Came here for lunch with my family recently, service was very slow and dull. No welcome, or offer of anything else, drinks came after food was served.
Food was great though, compliments to the chef!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Ok, we went here three days in a row while family were visiting because the food is AMAZING. Highly recommend the squid. Great service, great food, will be back for sure.