“Friendly place, good service, average food”
Review of Joe's Garage

Joe's Garage
Ranked #102 of 1 141 Restaurants in Christchurch
Price range: US$7 - US$20
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had the pork belly which came with some mash potatoes and beans. Not sure what they had done to the spuds apart from butter but they were too rich and I couldn't finish them. Unheard of. The pork belly was fatty, but nice, that's what it is I guess. The ambience was busy and friendly. People having a nice night out.
Overall, I wouldn't go again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Saturday lunch, place was busy but staff seemed to handle the patrons well. We were promptly seated and drinks order taken. Drinks arrived and that's when it all stopped. Back to the usual Joe's Garage service which is despairingly absent. After a considerable wait I went in search of wait staff to make an order. Then promptly had the wrong dish served to me. A short while later I had the correct meal.
Why is the service at Joe's always do sketchy. The food is nice, the wait staff are absent at best.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have visited Joe's Garage a couple of times of late for brunch and for dinner and on all occasions we have been greeted at the door with a genuine friendly welcome and smile, the good service continues throughout the entire visit with prompt drink and food service so well done too al the team! Food is fresh and presented well and all members of our party have always enjoyed their meals so I highly recommend this place as a good restaurant that seems to tick all the boxes.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

Visited this week for a business lunch and the food was excellent diner food. The meals were quick and tasty.

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Second visit to Joe's with 9 of us. Service was very good but not over the top. Food was beautiful not complaints from anyone in our group. They don't take bookings but we were seated quickly at 6 on a Saturday night.