Novotel Wellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$104
  • Room Service
Copthorne Hotel Wellington Oriental Bay(Wellington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
US$103
US$100
  • Room Service
  • Fitness centre
Airport Motor Lodge(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$117
US$108
US$233
US$127
  • Pool
The Cambridge Hotel(Wellington)(Great Value!)
US$51
The Dwellington(Wellington)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$61
US$57
All reviewsbotanical gardenstinakori roadking suitefour poster bedmueslihistoric hotelclassic pubpub downstairsmain buildingfree on site parkinginteresting shopscable carfree breakfastrugby gamepowerful showeroff street parkingwalk into town
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Stopped in for a couple of beers with family before a Test match at the stadium. Place was expectedly humming. Very well run bar and restaurant considering the massive influx of people. One particular barman made an effort to be rude to me and one of my guests. Not just off the cuff rude but well practiced. Perhaps hospitality is not a career choice he should have made.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

I needed to stay in town that night and looked for a room in Thorndon as it was near to work. This place was huge value for money and gets 4 stars for me. First what was wrong? Not a lot, I’d only comment that the room decor was a little jaded, everything else was top notch. For $115 I got a queen room plus a single bed, Sky TV, free parking, a spa bath, free breakfast, free wifi and I chose a very tasty meal. Service throughout was excellent, friendly and helpful. Food? I had the chicken liver pate - homemade with port jelly and a fruit jam - couldn’t eat it all as I was saving myself for... a half kilo rack of Louisiana ribs with fries and salad. Delicious but again more than I could eat. Being asked if I would like them to make me up a finger bowl was a nice touch. Lastly, the Whitaker’s choc mousse with sweet pastry, coulis and cream. All washed down with a well kept pint of Guinness draught, delicious too. $69 the lot - not budget but I got huge portions, high quality and great service. Couldn’t ask for more.

Stayed: May 2018
1  Thank V632AYrobs
Reviewed 13 May 2018

Booked in for an overnight stay arrived early evening - if no one at reception to hotel go to the bar staff - room was a good size with t.v and comfortable bed. What more do you need after all. WiFi is free. En-suite shower room. Only negative on the room was the carpet was showing signs of wear -- but that did not affect my sleep.
Great and friendly staff nothing too much trouble. Bonus was the Bar on site that also does food.Yippee

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Mik1eG
Reviewed 4 May 2018

We stayed a night here in order to catch an early ferry and found it to be a decent enough spot to sleep. The room could use a bit of work but the bed was comfy and the decor was quirky (portraits of sheep-people lined the walls of the hallway). I picked here as they have free parking and the overall price was right. We lucked out as there was only one spot left in the parking lot (there were only about 10 spots total). Given that parking is not guaranteed and the room is just okay, I would consider other hotels in Wellington but if you have no car and just need a basic room, then it's a good deal.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Remoojmo
Reviewed 11 April 2018

We stayed at the Sheperds Arms Hotel on our way to and from Queen Charlotte Sound. The pub sits in a heritage part of Wellington close to the Botanical Gardens, walking trails and a short taxi ride from the Picton ferries. The food is great, the staff are obliging and the accommodation has character and charm.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple