“You'll love it!”

Price range: US$5 - US$21
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

Go meet Owen And the team at the best cafe in Taupo. Super friendly service. Great range of well cooked food. Good prices. Right by the lake with awesome views! Perfect

Reviewed 12 June 2018 via mobile

Wide range of food items on menu and in cabinet, we had a few things from both all of which looked and tasted amazing. Waiter was very friendly and great customer service overall. Only issue would’ve been the bar manager wasn’t there so couldn’t have a beer with lunch, maybe a sign as you go in to make customers aware.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

If someone asked me to recommend a coffee shop in Taupo I’d have no hesitation in saying, “go to Taste!” Three people, three different coffee’s and made to perfection. Oh and the Blueberry muffin was a favorite too. Well done Taste!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

We were there for breakfast on the Tuesday and came back for coffee on the Wednesday. The Manager was very friendly and efficient (we walked in the door the second day and he remembered us) and Owen was just great, regaling us with his witty jokes and stories. The short legged long nosed Australian terrier - was a - crocodile.A real draw card and if you go you MUST ask for Owen.Oh- and the food was great too.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 24 May 2018

A friendly helpful approach always helps when it comes to running a cafe or restaurant and we got that abundantly when visiting this cafe. All we needed was a basic lunch and we were taken through the various options, particularly the specials for the day. I went for the pumpkin soup and that was a great choice. The drizzled balsamic vinegar was a great little touch and the bread that came with it was perfectly fresh and above all delicious. One special touch that I observed was the classical music being played in the background. It contributed enormously to my enjoyment of lunch (UK visitors think ClassicFM without the announcements and advertisements). It made me want to sit quietly and relax over my coffee before proceeding on to the next event in my day. An altogether happy and pleasant experience.

Date of visit: May 2018