“Mixed Bag”

Craft Bar & Kitchen
Ranked #50 of 266 Restaurants in Rotorua
Price range: US$7 - US$23
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our place is all about home. Home to 60 beers, we handpick the best of New Zealand craft beers. We specialise in the Stonegrill™ experience and Smoking the finest cuts of meat. We let you relax in the comfort of our Kiwi backyard, bringing the best of New Zealand to your doorstep.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

It's a pub with pub food so you shouldn't really expect anything great. But when you see the menu, you get your hopes up. Mac and cheese with bacon had no bacon, or flavor. Burger was over cooked. Chicken wings had a scant amount of sauce and no flavor. A hot stone lamb dish was very good, as was the seafood chowder. Service was horrible. Even a guy with a "duty manager" tag on his shirt seemed oblivious to the needs of the diners. Given the location on Eat Streat, I'm sure they get a lot of business but I'd consider another place to eat. Or expect bad service while you wait for the hot stone and seafood chowder.

1  Thank RickM1331

Reviewed 24 June 2018

Great place to have dinner or a small get together. This place has good food, friendly staff and amazing ambience.
Had their Chicken & Bacon Pesto Fettuccini and it was delicious, so gooey and filling.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

We were visiting Rotorua for a weekend getaway for our sons 8th Birthday and had promised him dinner out..so off to Eat St we went and our son got to choose where we would go.

He checked out each menu and chose CBK..we were greeted by some menus being placed on our table but no effort made to make any real conversation.

We ordered and our meals came pretty quick but my son burnt his finger on his Mac cheese ordered from the kids menu and for some rediculous reason is served on a hot plate. He waitress did warn him of the hot plate but why would a kids meal be served on a hot plate in the first place!?

The meals were ok..all a bit like warm but no one checked on us and we waited for 10mins and still no plates cleared so after seeing all 4 wait staff chatting at the bar I went and asked for our plates to be cleared and for dessert menus hoping the service would improve but it didn’t..we waited again and but still no one came and took our dessert orders and by this point we were over it so my husband went to the bar and paid our bill. Receipt was printed out, shown to him and he was left to put his eftpos transaction thru while the bar guy walked off (again no effort made).

On leaving our son was disappointed as were we so we pulled into McDonalds for some dessert and to our pleasant surprise they actually had great customer service...maybe something the team at CBK can learn from!

1  Thank lissydevine2018
Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

I would have enjoyed a meal from McDonald’s more. The macaroni and cheese (which, according to the menu, included bacon, did not) was simply not nice - in fact, it was offensive to taste. The cheeseburger (also no sign of bacon despite the promise of it) was on a bun that fell apart when bitten into. I left most of my meal and went up to counter to pay after no staff acknowledged our existence for a while. I left to be sick in the park. The worst meal I have had in a while (and that’s saying something given my partner’s cooking abilities). I still feel sad about the $50 I wasted on it. I suppose what I’m trying to say is that I would not recommend it.

2  Thank ebeebarnes
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Our first stone grill experience and one to remember. Quality of the meat was good. Not a cheap meal or large portions (unless you opt for the large steak) but still enjoyable.