Reviews (1 547)
1 547 results
All reviews polynesian spa club room lake view large hotel buffet breakfast per day duty manager new zealand lobby area government gardens hotel restaurant central location comfortable stay sulphur smell town centre hot pools eat street
63 - 68 of 1 547 reviews
Reviewed 27 June 2018 via mobile

Have just had 2 nights here, enjoying some R and R in Rotorua. The middle of winter is the low season in Rotorua so i booked my room for what i thought was a good price, and it turned out to be amazing value !
The property is impressive from the charming foyer with exposed timber to the Maori art works and carvings on display. Check in was quick and easy.
The room is average size but well appointed. My room overlooked the lake and park which i would recommend. The room had a bath which was nice.
The hotel has good bar and restaurant facilities, the bar in the foyer is very nice and the service is 5 star.
Hard to find faults here, maybe the property is starting to show signs of aging but this is only minor and didn't detract from my experience.
Location is excellent. Only a short stroll into the city centre, and next to the Polynesian Spa and also by the lake.
Overall this was a easy 5 star rating for me.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Pipiana W, General Manager at Millennium Hotel Rotorua, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2018

I was delighted to read your feedback after your stay with us. We always strive to provide our guests with an outstanding service experience. Thank you for sharing your review with others.
We look forward to welcoming you back one day very soon.

Reviewed 27 June 2018

We stayed here 3 nights and loved it. The room was spacious for our family of 4. The kids loved the spa and heated pool area. I especially enjoyed the spa at the end of the day, it is a quiet zone and people are conscious of this and respected it. It was peaceful and relaxing. The location is great, easy walking distance to restaurants, cafes and attractions.
The staff were lovely and customer service were very helpful while I was organising and booking our trip.
I’d definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review nzmelissa1. I'm happy you and your family had a great holiday in Rotorua and enjoyed the hotel facilities so much. We look forward to your return visit and being of service in the near future.

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Very good location, right in the centre of Rotorua. Walking distance to the Lake, Park, food and supermarkets.

Unfortunately the cleanliness of the hotel is not as good as the location. Stained on the sink, mug and also pillow case. Some of the light bulb were broken.

The staff were not friendly. The check in staff was a bit rude. No greetings or smile given when meet in the hallway.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank GinsyF

Dear Ginsy F
Please accept my sincere apologies for the below standard of service you received during your stay. Your description is not our Millennium standard of service, and rest assured I will be sharing your review with all staff.

Reviewed 23 June 2018

Central located within walking distance and easy access to most shops and most international restaurants nearby. Rooms are spacious and warm with all modern amenities freely available. Clean and comfortable bed.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay and do hope we will have the pleasure of your return visit should you require accommodation in Rotorua in the future.
Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for three nights, the hotel is close to the major attractions in Rotorua. The bed was comfortable and the decor pretty standard but the toilet bowl looked unclean due to the slime in severally parts. The shower was a bit difficult to control for hot water and the shower head hard to move - visible signs of repairs done badly.

I like the growing green system and the recycling bin in the toilet. The bellhop - Joshua - was really helpful and cheerful.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple

Thank you for sharing your review AlejaNZro. I do appreciate you highlighting a cleaning issue, and apologise for the impression of uncleanliness. Our toilets are in fact clean, however due to the high silica levels in Rotorua's water there can be a gradual stain build up which requires specialist cleaning to remove. We do have a deep cleaning programme in place.

Thank you for mentioning the cheerful service you received from Joshua. We have a staff rewards programme at the hotel, and due to your comments Joshua has been recognised.