Albatross Motel(Napier)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$79
US$77
Anchorage Motor Lodge(Napier)(Great Value!)
US$98
The Dome(Napier)
Free cancellation until 25/07
US$146
US$126
  • Pool
Art Deco Masonic Hotel(Napier)(Great Value!)
US$184
US$101
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$112/night.

Ace High Motor Inn(Napier)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$92
Kennedy Park Resort Napier(Napier)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$60
  • Pool
US$53
All reviewsprivate courtyardspa bathmotor lodgenice kitchenettequiet locationlarge bathroomlate arrivalminutes walk awaycomfortable bedwalking distanceone bedroom apartmentgreat hostsclose to the airportkitchen facilitiesplunger coffeenapier centrerooms were very clean
Reviewed 20 March 2018

The Motor Lodge was very nice. The rooms were quiet and clean. My mom and brother were startled by the smallness of the room and the fact that the bathroom was in another building. However, as long as you know what to expect, it's a lovely place to stay.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
janewestshore, Owner at Fairley Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2018

Thank you Daniel but you have confused us by saying the bathroom is in another building??Our units are above average in floor area and all bathrooms are ensuite (NOT in another building)
We are glad you enjoyed your stay
Hugh & Jane

Reviewed 10 March 2018 via mobile

We had a great stay at Fairley Motor Lodge, location ideal for biking and golf.
Very spacious one bedroom apartment, very clean and tidy.
The "stand-in" hosts, Sandi & Mario could have been nicer, they couldn't do enough for us.
Next time we stay in Napier we'd most defiantly go back.
Many thanks Lesleyann & Leo Jensen

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
janewestshore, Owner at Fairley Motor Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Thank you for staying at Fairley and I am sure our minders Ian and Sandi looked after you
We hope you return with your bikes and enjoy the great biking on the trails
Jane

Reviewed 6 March 2018

After make a reservation, I sent few emails to hotel for some requisition. But no reply, and I need to make a call to hotel.

If you drive yourself, the location is good. Stay in standard Studio Room: Clean, good facilities, need to borrow an electric frypan and ready in room, have private outdoor place with BBQ equipment, have spa tube, ensuite room is big enough.

Room Tip: If you cook, ask frypan before. Request a quiet room not facing the main road . After reservation, contact hotel for confirmation.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family

thank you for staying at Fairley and we are pleased you enjoyed your stay
Jane

Reviewed 2 March 2018

Booked at 9.10 via hotels.com after considering several sights who were all offering exactly the same room. Received confirmation number. Set off on 300 km journey aiming to arrive by check in. This was our once in a lifetime visit to NZ and we were looking forward to visiting the town of Napier in the afternoon and the beach and the Quay in the evening on foot.
Upon arrival they had been without power and phone since 9.15. We were informed that they did not have our booking. Initially I assumed that it was due to the power cut. However the lady on the desk repeatedly stated that I could not have made a booking as the hotel was FULL yesterday when she checked. She repeatedly stated this to myself and my wife and showed me the hard copies for all the rooms. At this point it was plausible that a cancellation had opened up a room. We could do nothing as we had paid in advance. We did kindly charge her cell phone as this had been flat.
I went to a nearby bar to get on the internet and saw that there were still rooms in the Quay area.
Upon my return there was power and their story had changed. It was now just the Queen Suites that were fully booked up. Why tell me that after taking the time earlier to show me that all the rooms were booked? They were now saying that there had been a more expensive suite available and that hotels.com were at fault for selling it as a Queen Suite in which case so had all the other sites. Statistically unlikely to be correct. She showed me the computer screen to show that all the queen suites were taken and went through the booking time of each one. I took photos which showed when ALL the bookings were made When asked by hotels.com the owner had stated that the last room was taken just before I arrived. REALLY!!! How exactly at a hotel with zero communication with the outside world. If they wish to claim that this booking came to light when the power came on then they would have therefore had an unsold room they could have offered. I suspect that they had not updated the bookings and had realised this thus see engaging in a cover up and clearly did not have the nous to do it consistently.
When I return to England I shall add the photo that I took which supports their initial stance that ALL the rooms were already booked the day before I booked. If the reply to this review gives the same excuse then you can make your own decision when seeing the hard evidence.
At this point the situation could have been redeemed with an apology for the loss of our afternoon and ensuring that we got accommodation near the Quay with the hotel covering the cost in recognition of their error.
We thought that was what was being done when we were informed that a suitable room had been found nearby.
We had booked a beachside hotel on a quiet street within walking distance of the Quay with room that had a spa and a quiet outside seating area. We were sent to a motel next to a hostel for the homeless 7 km from the Quay. where we were given the room nearest the busy motorway with only a shower. The owner refused a refund and said its take it or leave it or pay more for a better room. This felt like we were victims of bait and switch and quite sleazy.
Thus far the owner has refused a refund on the basis that an alternative was provided.
It is NOT acceptable that when the hotel is at fault, and poorly tried to change the story, that we were sent to an inferior area and given an inferior room with no nearby restaurants.
Mistakes happen but the way this was handled is totally unacceptable. I have repeatedly asked via hotels.com for a refund which was refused each time. If the owner were to show higher moral standards and offer a refund I will remove this review.
IF NOT ++++ PLEASE DO NOT GIVE THIS HOTEL YOUR MONEY IN ADVANCE.

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple

I am sorry that there was a problem with your last minute booking . but we had very competent relievers looking after Fairley while Hugh and I had a break . There was a power cut on the 28th Feb from 9-3..Last week I had a similar booking event with expedia ( ie Hotels.com sending me another booking when were fully booked . Three emails to expedia , one to the guest . NO replies at all. The guest didnt arrive so I guess they received the message So yes with "the Last Room "on any site there is a risk and you should deal with the accommodation directly

Reviewed 25 February 2018

What a great place, one of the best places I have stayed in a while and just a short drive to city centre. Great location with the bay on one side and the ocean on the other side. Beautiful little private back outside sitting area, good sized room, sky TV, great internet speed and connection, spa bath was nice as well. No real cooking facilities, but they did offer to bring a BBQ into the back sitting area, and also had one in a common area as well. Lovely guests, can't wait to go back and stay again.

Room Tip: Larger studios with private backyard sitting area recommended!
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled on business

Thank you Cory - you are a wonderful guest too !!