“Yummy lunch”

Hamilton Gardens Cafe
Ranked #41 of 404 Restaurants in Hamilton
Price range: US$6 - US$14
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Actually, for a casual lunch spot and a bit of a sit down after your garden walk, this is a lovely spot. The menu range is quite extensive, from bakery goods and cabinet foods to heartier and healthy fare. The servings were generous and the food was fresh with lovely hot drinks to follow. Service was prompt and smiley.

The only downside on a chilly wintry day is that most of the seating is on closed verandahs, so can be a little cool. The café was busy though and people seemed to be having a nice time.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Cold overcast day, where better than a warm cafe with beautiful food. Lots to choose from, our choice from the cabinet was enhanced by side salad and chips. Ham Quiches and sausage and Kumara pie, all very tasty with delicious pastry. Our hot drinks were served almost immediately, shared hot chips arrived to nibble on before our well presented plates arrived. Another great choice of café. This café knows how to serve its hot drinks.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

An awesome place in the Hamilton Gardens, over looking a lake and waterfall, while having a coffee. Big groups no problem and we weren't rushed away when we were finished. Great staff and lovely food.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

It was quite busy when we were there, visiting the gardens, and we had to wait for a few minutes after we ordered for a table to become available before we could sit down, but we were sitting down outside before our food arrived. The food was fresh and quite good, with several vegetarian options on the menu. I enjoyed a very nice sandwich with brie. We were grateful for the refrigerated bottles of tap/still water, as it was a hot day!

Reviewed 28 May 2018

I arranged to meet my overseas friend here so that we could have something to drink and eat prior to looking around the gardens.

The variety of cabinet and menu food on offer all sounded good - it took me a while to actually choose something as I could have eaten anything from either the cabinet or menu!

In the end I had the Philly Steak Sandwich which came with a side of fries. This was absolutely delicious, and was so filling I couldn't even think of having something sweet after!

My husband had the creamed mushrooms on toast which he enjoyed, however this is served in a bowl, rather than a plate which made cutting the bread a little tricky!

My friend and her partner had items from the cabinet which looked good too!

The only negative I thought was the coffee for a large size was small (unless they got the size wrong!). However, it was hot and well made.

We were all impressed by the customer service and short amount of time to get the food out, despite them being reasonably busy on a Sunday.

We'll be back again, and would safely recommend it to others....