“Amazing degustation”

Ranked #2 of 2 439 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

The degustation at the Grove was one of the best meals I’ve ever had. Every one of the seven courses was absolutely fabulous. The matched wines were absolutely superb. Service was outstanding, efficient and friendly.
Dinner at the Grove would have to be one of the best meals I’ve ever eaten.
I love that there was no menu for the degustation - every course was a surprise and delight.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 366)

16 - 20 of 1 366 reviews

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Visited last night the atmosphere is lovely and the servers excellent, the food is delicious and interesting however I didn’t know there is NO MENU set tasting courses 4 or 7 so for me this was disappointing we chose the 7 all individually delicious plates but together too much of a combination with flavours from raw fish to cooked fish to meats all very rich and in my opinion not well suited to each course you’ll enjoy this if you like Heston style mix of ingredients, too much for me. Chocolate and real carrots didn’t work.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Simply stunning! Lost for words...impeccable service and creative cuisine - classic with a modern twist. Not being wine drinkers we had no trouble selecting complementary cocktails instead. This really is a bucket list restaurant.

Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

Really beautiful food. Service was great and staff went the extra mile to make our friends night special. We asked for a birthday cake to be made and I still can’t get it out of my mind!

Reviewed 8 July 2018 via mobile

I booked The Grove for my husbands 50th Birthday on the recommendation of our hotel. The food was outstanding, simply amazing. We had wine by the glass and found there was a great selection and advise given. The staff were friendly and good humoured making our experience even more enjoyable. This restaurant is a real treat, very special indeed - I look forward to returning one day.