“Vegan Friendly and Delicious!”
Review of Ela Cuisine

Ela Cuisine
Ranked #8 of 2 456 Restaurants in Auckland Central
Price range: US$3 - US$23
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 September 2017

Visiting for the first time, I was so pleased to find a restaurant with multiple vegan/vegetarian options. We had the Eggplant and Tofu dish and it was hands down one of the tastiest indian dishes I have ever eaten, not to mention beautifully presented! The staff were lovely and we managed to score a cute table within their facility which was much cosier and quieter than the main dining area within Elliot Stables. We have been back since and will continue to make it a regular! Thanks Ela Cuisine - keep up the awesome work!

Reviewed 3 September 2017 via mobile

I am rating this highly based on value for money. Food was delicious and plenty of it.
Waiter didn't write down our order and got it spot on by memory, very impressed.
Very busy so try to go off peak.

2  Thank pauleaton1967
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

After seeing the good reviews we booked a table for five and our experience was very poor. They did not have a table reserved for us when we arrived, but shrugged it off and found a table nearby and got settled.

There were many restaurants around us and as the layout was more of a food court we started to explore. After grabbing some Mexican beers and nachos to start, we had some of the waiters accost us from Ela Cuisine.

They argued that we were only allowed to purchase from them as they had reserved a table for us. We mentioned that they had actually failed to reserve a table for us but they would not have it. Some of our party ate a mediocre Indian meal while I opted for an excellent rack of ribs from a grill house.

I would avoid booking through Ela Cuisine and check out many of the other great eateries for dinner before coming here again.

1  Thank Dazzy M
Sowmia T, Owner at Ela Cuisine, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2017

Hi Dazzy

We did have a table booked with Elliott stables for you which was table 40. When 2 of your expected party of 5 arrived , we realised that the Elliott stables staff had accidentally placed another party on table 40, but they immediately offered another table. You did not even wait for more than 2 min to get the second table. We did not shrug it off, we found you the second table within 2 min.

Of course, after my waiter requested that if you book a table with us you are meant to order with us, you ordered just one meal out of 5. It is the common rule in Elliott stables with any of the 11 restaurants that you order with the restaurant if you book a table under them, otherwise book under Elliott stables. In the review the meal suddenly became mediocre but my staff reports there was no left overs in the plate.

Your review speaks for your character, that you saw other restaurants around you, so you decided to explore and ordered with others. Remember, after a friendly reminder that you are expected to order with us, my staff didn't bother you. We had the class to honour the customers decision and let it go.

Clearly you felt guilty for ordering elsewhere and did not want to let this go, but decided to chanel your guilt into a scathing review that speaks for itself. You had no intention of ordering with us, as we saw that the second you got the table with absolutely no courtesy you went straight into Mexican restaurant and ordered food. Your review itself speaks for the truth that you did not feel obliged to honour basic obligations like order in the restaurant that you book a table.

Please do not book with us if you do not intend to dine with us. There are plenty of options in Elliott stables , so please call them to book a common table.

Kind regards

Mia & George

Reviewed 29 August 2017 via mobile

Yum and meaty beef curry. The masala does, was flavoursome and beautifully presented. Will come again!

2  Thank AlastairCoats
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Was visiting friends in Auckland and they suggested Elliott Stables for dinner, built in 1910 as a warehouse but refurbished into an upscale food court. Boasting eateries ranging from Spanish tapas and French creperies to South Indian, Mexican, Italian and Japanese, epicurean village is a more apt description. In the centre is the communal dining area, with numbered tables. After ordering, food is delivered right to your table. The Indian restaurant called Ela came highly recommended so we decided to give it a shot. I decided on the Prawn Curry, which was excellent! Spicy but not searingly hot with a cashew-coconut milk base, it came with a green salad and brown basmati rice. One of my friends had the lamb shank and he was equally impressed. Prices were reasonable, the portions generous, and the staff was very friendly. After eating, I went over to tell them how much I enjoyed the meal and they even brought the chef out to meet me. Will definitely go back next time I’m in Auckland.

3  Thank TOR_Diver