“Exceeded Expectations”
Review of Chuan Spa

Chuan Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Chuan Spa at Cordis, Auckland offers a truly luxurious and rejuvenating spa experience that embraces the holistic principles of Traditional Chinese Medicine. It offers 6 lavish treatment rooms, and a wide range of revitalising treatments including scrubs, wraps, manicures, facials, massages and treatment packages. Catering to your total well-being, our fitness and wellness facilities help recharge the body, refresh the senses and ease the mind. Stay in shape at our state-of-the-art Health Club, indulge in a treatment at our award-winning Chuan Spa, dive in for a refreshing swim at our stunning heated rooftop pool or soothe away your stress in the Jacuzzi.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I visited the spa for a girls weekend in February and was blown away. We had 45min full body massages with a gorgeous platter to enjoy at its conclusion. Having complimentary use to the roof top pool was a nice touch which we took advantage of afterwards with cocktails. The only downside were some pesky wasps hanging around. I look forward to returning with my husband next time!

All reviews
in 8 reviews
"auckland"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 26 May 2018

When I was there a few equipments were out of order. So basically I could not use it. The ones that were working were good enough. Thank god that spa was free for the hotel guests.

Reviewed 18 May 2018

Even though the place looked tired and in need of renovation, my spa experience was first class. However....do not be tempted into purchasing product from Chuan Spa. I found that I could purchase the SAME THING online for half the price they are charging. They will tell you that you can purchase it online but as it comes from the US the shipping costs will far outweigh any gain. This is not true, you can order it from Australia for half the cost and get free shipping. This really put a dampener on my whole experience at Chuan Spa as they are clearly out to rip you off. I do not like being lied to.

Reviewed 11 May 2018 via mobile

I booked a Tao of detox treatment for myself and my friend. We were visiting Auckland and wanted to treat ourselves.
We arrived with plenty of time to enjoy the facilities. The receptionist was lovely, but wasn’t very informative on what we needed to do. The changing rooms was quite small, with used robes piled in the middle of it.
We went through for our treatment. My therapist was lovely. My only fault would be, longer head massage, don’t leave the client so long after the shower, and a foot or hand massage would of been nice while the face mask was on. After the treatment I got taken to the dream room to relax and enjoy herbal tea.
My friend on the other hand had a very different experience.... she struggled to understand her therapists English, therefore was unsure of what was happening during her treatment. Her therapist was quite rough with her massaging, and my friend was very cold during her treatment. The facial products weren’t explained to her, and there was lots of time waiting around. When her treatment finished she put on her cold wet robe from her wet togs........therefore coming away dissatisfied and not relaxed at all!
What a shame, because we had been looking forward to this treat for weeks!