Reviews (1 249)
1 249 results
All reviews the club lounge firewater grille swan river high tea valet parking club king room concert hall pillow menu business hotel view of the river lobby bar room service business trip comfortable hotel perth hotels buffet breakfast central location
41 - 46 of 1 249 reviews
Reviewed 19 June 2018

Spacious rooms, bathroom has separate bath and shower, pillow menu. Breakfast buffet has a good range, with an eggs station for eggs cooked to order. Professional and prompt reception. Restaurants from the hotel are a bit of a walk, otherwise the location is fine.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Bruce D, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2018

Dear MoreTravel278,

Thank you for your review and I was pleased to read that your stay was a positive experience.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Regards

Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Great hotel near the city .. 5 mins walk to Elizabeth quay and other attractions. We stayed in a suite with club access which was excellent.. canapés were more like a small buffet. No dinner needed and exceptional friendly staff. Excellent value

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Bruce D, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Suzy S,

I appreciate your review and was glad to read that you enjoyed your stay and especially the Club floor facilities.

Reviewed 3 June 2018 via mobile

I have stayed at the Duxton Hotel several times but it would appear the end of the WA mining boom has had its impact. The club rooms whilst very well appointed no longer have the wow factor. Back in the day the evening canapés in the club lounge were excellent as was the breakfast. Unfortunately those days have passed and the food is unimaginative ( and food that should be served hot was just warm). The morning sun also showed how dirty the lounge was with spills down walls and splatters on windows. Back in the day when I asked for a bubbly wine at breakfast as I was on holidays (and I was willing to pay) I could have one. Not any more. I doubt I will be back but Duxton thanks for the memories.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with friends
4  Thank Birt1964

Dear Birt1964,

Thank you for your review and I appreciate your comments. We will be starting our rooms refurbishment program very shortly. I will be discussing you comments with our management team and make the necessary changes.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

The Duxton is apparently a converted office building (was suggested by staff that it had been the tax office which is kind of surreal). The rooms are well appointed and the restaurant is good quality. It is also located on the intersection where the Perth Main Street (St George’s Tce) becomes Adelaide Tce for no good reason but having crossed through a set a traffic lights. That’s odd in itself. But also gives an idea in the location of the Duxton - in that it’s not the in the centre of the action but on the edge and close enough to have the best of both worlds. The highlight of the Duxton for me is the side bar at the front. It’s a small sized bar but try to get one of the tables out the front and watch the city pass by.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled on business

Dear lamadad,

Thank you for your review your comments a valued and I was glad to read that you stay was enjoyed and that our location is a bonus.

Reviewed 30 May 2018

I stayed on the club floor and the staff were wonderful, Daily breakfast & nightly canapes were excellent. The hotel is in easy walking distance of the CBD and many restaurants. Car parking and washing is expensive. No mini bar provided, you are required to ask.

Stayed: May 2018
Bruce D, General Manager at Duxton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2018

Dear Deborah E,

Thank you for selecting our hotel for your recent stay. I appreciate your review and was glad to read that you enjoyed our ClubRroom and our Executive Club facilities. I value your comments on our laundry facilities although we do have two guest laundries which are free of charge instead of using our laundry supplier. Car parking unfortunately requires this fee to cover government levy fees which are increased substantially each year and yet we own our car parking facility. We have removed the minibar because this service is not financial viable although two extensive in room menus are provided to offer a greater selection of food and beverage items 24 hours a day.
Your feedback is important to us and this contributes to improving our services in the future.

Kind Regards