All reviewskings parktennis courtsgreat locationjacob's ladderon site restaurantfull kitchencity centrefamily stayst georgegreat facilitiessecure parkingwashing machine and dryerwithin walking distanceswan riverminute walkserviced dailygood size
Reviewed 9 November 2015

The rooms were great, as shown in the traveller's photos. We had a young baby with us, so the kitchen facilities were adequate and well stocked in terms of utensils, cutlery, etc for preparation of food for our young one. Our only gripe was that the corridor was narrow; it felt like the narrow corridors onboard a cruise ship. Also, the door is not really soundproof, so you could hear people outside talking, or opening their doors when they come back. However, it didn't really bother us that much.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2015

The hotel is satisfactory. It has had some update in the vicinity of the last 10-15 years but is still a little outdated or lacking. It is rather conveniently located to the CBD and I had a room at the back so had no issue with road noise as it is very close to the freeway. The gentleman who was on reception when I checked out should be commended. He was so kind and professional and certainly changed my view from the previous day at check in where I encountered a somewhat tarty receptionist who displayed that I was a burden which is never a good feeling when checking in. The bathroom was average and appeared somewhat missed in the previous updates. I was quite put off by the lack of individual soap in the bathroom. It was instead a liquid bottle that did not seem new to myself. I really prefer to use the shower with, albeit a small cake of soap, but a cake of soap nevertheless. I would rate this hotel more in the budget range without the budget price tag! I would certainly explore other accommodation options in the CBD next time for the same rate.

• Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2015

They let us in early which is also a good start. The rooms are fairly spacious. The view from the room is quite nice. Just remember the restaurant is quite pricey. I couldn't believe how much breakfast cost.

Room Tip: get a room with a view
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 November 2015 via mobile

My husband & I enjoyed our stay here. It is conveniently located at the end of the CBD area & there is a CAT (free city shuttle) service infront of the apartment. There is a Chinese restaurant (Canton Bay) located at the side of the apartment & Jacobs ladder is also behind it. There is also a swimming pool & tennis court in the vicinity. Free wifi in room! :) Glad to have free parking in this service apartment too (btw: parking in CBD/city is pretty steep). There is a small park opp the pond where you can feed the ducks & take a short stroll. Overall a well-satisfied customer!

Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 November 2015 via mobile

I stayed for 2 nights in late October for a conference.
I'm surprised at the ratings of this place. For me, it was ok - just.
The staff are great. I cannot fault them. But the venue itself is tired and a bit drab.
On arrival, I was told that both myself and my colleague had been upgraded to a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. Not sure why considering we were two single people staying in separate rooms. Neither of us had the need for a second bathroom or bedroom.
I was given a room at the very end of the complex. It felt isolated. There was an overgrown back terrace and the view over the front balcony was of other apartments - all of which looked empty.
I went to use the shower as I had an engagement to get to and found the shower had hairs in it and mould up the edges of the shower. It was gross. The second shower did come in handy after all!!! But in that one the fan above the shower was covered in dust. I don't know who cleaned this room - it was not clean.
Staff as I said were great. They did get me another room - this one in the building above reception and much better. It was clean!
But on closer look the whole place looks like it could do with a facelift. I did have a good night's sleep though.
I won't return when there are other options around the same price point.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled on business