All reviews floor to ceiling windows guy grossi crown towers the executive lounge infinity pool beautiful hotel heavenly bed premier king italian pastries teething problem cathedral view outdoor lounge area stayed in family room electric blinds newest hotels beautiful state high quality finishes
Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

From the biggest rooms to the most accommodating staff, this hotel is the only place anyone should be staying in Perth.

Many of my clients and colleagues ask me where to stay and I have always struggled to reply as my standards are high as you will see from my other reviews.

Well, no longer. The Westin is a gorgeous hotel with fantastic staff, restaurants and service. From the coffee in the foyer to the restaurants around the hotel, this is THE place to stay.

It is new so of course it will have the odd teething problem, but the overall experience is fantastic.

I will disclose, I work across the road at Royal Perth Hospital but this hotel has become my office away from the office as it is a gem.

Give this a go as you will not be disappointed.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Todd_Gogol
Reviewed 7 August 2018 via mobile

Thought I would try this hotel when visiting for a medical appointment. Although a new hotel there is nothing new about the processes of accommodating. Firstly was not greeted, then they gave me a card that didn’t work the elevator went back and the reception gave me a new card. Went up to my room and to my horror the room was already occupied. Embarrassing to say the least. Went back down and all she said was whoops I gave you wrong room. Went up to my room and stripped down to have a relax before meeting up with family for dinner. Knock at the door I yelled out wait a minute, knock again this happened twice whilst I was trying to get dressed appropriately and next minute the door is opening, luckily they have a latch. My laundry was here excuse me but I have just checked in and I don’t have any laundry, yes you do it is same room is all I got in response I literally had to kick him out with his bloody laundry before I could get back in the room. Made a complaint to the manager after my stay and I was offered an upgrade next time or a drink package. No thanks don’t drink and the price for the upgrade I could already match at the Crown Towers. Although a beautiful hotel the staff do not match the price.

Date of stay: June 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Joanne G
JeremyColahan, Director of Rooms at The Westin Perth, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Hi Joanne G,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I sincerely apologies we did not meet you expectations. Your experience is well short of what our team aims to provide, and I hope I can make amends in the future. Please do contact me directly if your travels do bring you back to Perth.

Kind regards,

Jeremy
Jeremy.colahan@westin.com

Reviewed 7 August 2018

What a lovely place for a high tea that you can enjoy during the week. As many places do not offer this. Beautifully presented with very tasty sweet and savoury treats that each person receives on a three tiered stand. Staff and service is excellent. Will definitely go back and recommend highly for that special occasion as was mine.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2018

While some of top management, like Peter the manager were pretentious and off-putting, the vast majority of staff were incredibly lovely and friendly and made my husband and I feel welcome. This new hotel had so many great things to rave about - a great location, a lovely gym with $5 runner rental (and you get to keep the socks) to a lovely and generous breakfast buffet. For the price they need to work on the wines (and food) on offer for the 5 - 7 dinner buffet, but overall it was a great hotel. The bed was fantastic and they had a wonderful pillow menu. Ask for something and housekeeping brings it so quickly it's silly! And all staff on the first floor restaurant from Kim the chef to all the ladies there, just lovely. Due to bad weather we had to spend far more time in the room and hotel then we'd have liked and it was totally OK due to the setup and location. Being such a new hotel I imagine and hope they'll improve on the in-hotel restaurants as while staff were great the food was lacking in variety, particularly healthy fare, which is odd as they advertise themselves as a wellness hotel. Also, there was a lack of ammenties i.e no shop, no salon. The concierge, Nick and Paul, first rate guys but again as new, one day when I needed help no one was on until 11am, not their fault but frustrating and making me need to do more work then I'd have liked being on holiday! The room itself was lovely but room for improvement - better lighting in the bathroom would be most welcome. Overall I totally recommend but they need to up their game if they want to be serious competition to the Como Treasury.

Room tip: Ask for as high up as possible with a view of the Swan River
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2018

We’ve just returned from our one night stay at The Westin. And what a beautiful hotel it is. Check-in was efficient and friendly. We had a club lounge room and it was definitely worth the extra $$. A beautifully appointed room and I loved that the blinds automatically rise as you enter the room to reveal the view. We were fortunate to be on the 26th floor so had a great view across the city. Loved the room and the lovely touch of lavender balm by the bed. The club lounge was very comfortable with a tasty selection of canapés served from 5 pm.
Breakfast served in the club room was beautifully fresh even though we didn’t go down to eat until 10 a.m.
A wonderfully luxurious hotel with high quality finishes and touches.
Our only regret was that we couldn’t have stayed for longer.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple