“Cozy Little Bar with Good Food”
Review of Bar Humbug

Bar Humbug
Ranked #529 of 4 563 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$9 - US$17
Cuisines: Australian
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 28 June 2018

During frequent visits to Melbourne, Bar Humbug has become my go-to place for a quiet lunch or a glass of wine on the way back to the hotel. Though they have an interesting range of options on their menu, I fell in love with their calimari salad on my first visit, and, frankly, can't bring myself to order anything else. The staff is outstanding and always makes me feel so welcome. Since I'm visiting solo, that's especially important to me.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

We spotted Bar Humbug on google when staying a few days in the Melbourne CBD.

It’s a cosy underground bar and would be easily missed if you weren’t looking for it. The bar staff are happy and friendly and music is not overpowering.

So the big deal about this little place is that from a tiny kitchen, they create big tasting food. My partner order sliders and fries. A giant serve of fries quickly arrived with a slab of little, tasty burgers. Neither of us had a hope of busting the big bowl of fries.

Bar staff recommended the Duck Ragout. Yep... it was gooood! It came as a large deep plate of wide ribbon pasta and the greatest and most flavoursome duck meat through rich sauce.

Neither of us could finish our meals. It’s certainly worth thinking about for a visit for a cosy eat and drink.

Reviewed 20 December 2017

My partner and I stumbled upon this place by accident one time, a few years ago, and now we make sure to go out of our way to visit when we're in the city. Lovely staff, fantastic atmosphere and the food is to die for! We always say that if we lived in the city, this would be our local watering hole.

Reviewed 8 December 2017

Found this restaurant in the cellar of a building up from were we were staying and to our delight it did a small variety of meals but what we ordered was well cooked and plenty of it and was very tasty.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

Nice little bar that does a fab and very long happy hour. Super cheap way to start the night. Not lots of atmosphere here, even at the weekend but a good pit stop at least.