“Very good service in a pleasant environment.”
Review of Home Kitchen & Bar

Home Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #1 293 of 4 582 Restaurants in Melbourne
Price range: US$4 - US$31
Cuisines: Australian, Bar
Neighbourhood: Chinatown
Description: Make this home, yours Smack bang in the middle of Melbourne's CBD, within the Mantra Hotel on Russell Street is Home Kitchen & Bar. Renowned for its warm welcomes and attention to detail, this is a great option if you're looking for a place to have a hearty meal, a quiet drink, catch up on some work or to simply grab a coffee. The menu is large and varied - think snacks, home sliced meats, bigger plates of pasta, meats and salads, plus sweets and cheese to finish. Make Mantra's Home Restaurant & Bar your home the next time you're roaming the city and looking for a feed.
Reviewed 28 June 2018

We were very pleased with the service from friendly and attentive waitstaff. I was very pleased with my three courses though the entrée wasn't extremely warm. I can highly recommend on scotch fillet.

I would call this a pretty good restaurant rather than great, but certainly better than average with a nice environment.

Alannah F, Executive Chef at Home Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2018

Hi AlexofMelbourne,

Thanks for your positive review! The Little Joe scotch fillet is definitely one of our star menu items, I'm so glad you enjoyed it!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon :)

Cheers,

Reviewed 6 May 2018 via mobile

Lovely meal. Free bottle of wine. Stunning but not really romantic venue. friendly, professional wait persons

Alannah F, Head Chef at Home Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2018

Hi PerthLyn,

Thank you for your review!
I'm so happy to hear you enjoyed your meal, particularly the fish, and that you found our team to be friendly and professional.

I look forward to hosting you at 'Home' on your next visit.

Regards,

Reviewed 25 April 2018 via mobile

One doesn't really expect many hotel restaurants to necessarily be up to much, and we went here mainly because we were too tired to head out. Dinner was, however, very good: smoked eggplant, goat cheese and prawn fettuccine, and lamb with Stilton sauce plus a side of roasted cauliflower, beets and goat cheese. So if you are staying at the Mantra on Russell, you could do worse than eating in. Recommended!

Hi Calum G,

Thanks for your wonderful review, it's always great to hear when our guests enjoy their experience!

We look forward to looking after you again at 'Home' soon.

Regards,

Reviewed 18 June 2017

We dined here after being out on an all day tour. We arrived just before 6 p.m.and took advantage of Happy Hour at the bar. I couldn't decide so I was pleased with the recommendation from our waitress and settled for the pasta and mushroom dish which was simply delicious and creamy. My husband had the Pork and Fennel sausages served with red wine jus, and thought they were excellent. Coffee after the meal was equally excellent.
We loved the meal so much we came back on our last night there, and were equally delighted with the quality of the food.

Alannah F, Head Chef at Home Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2017

Dear sweet631,

I am so glad to hear you enjoyed your dining experiences at Home Kitchen and Bar, and that the recommendations from our team member were to your liking.

Our Happy Hour is always a crowd pleaser, and I will pass on your glowing feedback to both the chefs and barista. Our team strive to make every guest experience memorable, so being able to serve you on multiple nights during your stay speaks volumes for the service you received.

Thank you for your review, and look forward to welcoming you back 'Home' again soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

We had the full breakfast option. The Home Kitchen is clean, tidy and well laid out. The hot food was hot, not dried out, nice and fresh and plentiful. Good choice of food.
The continental options were great. I loved the selection of breakfast yogurts, including drinking yogurts, and the Homemade creamy Bircher Muesli was the best Bircher I've ever had! I want the recipe for that one. Heaps of pastry and bakery choices. It was all well displayed and easily accessed. Given the huge table in the Home Kitchen, it was still very easy to get around the people sitting there when it got busy. There are two other areas directly off the breakfast food layout, so plenty of options to sit.
Very relaxing and tasty breakfast, thanks staff at Home Kitchen and Bar.

Alannah F, Head Chef at Home Kitchen & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2017

Dear Rosieaus,

Thank you for your glowing review! I'm thrilled to hear you enjoyed your breakfast with us at Home Kitchen and Bar. We strive to ensure all our guests are catered for, and the chefs enjoy taking pride in providing a high quality product.
I would be more than happy to send you the recipe for our delicious Bircher muesli if you would like to contact me directly at alannah.fox@mantra.com.au

We appreciate your review, and look forward to welcoming you back 'Home' again soon.