“Contemporary, comfortable, clean accommodation in...”
other travellers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
57hanna
Perth, Australia
“Contemporary, comfortable, clean accommodation in a convenient location”
Reviewed 31 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

When searching for accommodation in the vicinity of Hobart I was very excited to come across Tom & Pam’s gardens apartment. It SOUNDED just like my kind of place in which to stay and it proved to BE just that! I loved it. It’s ideal for 1 or 2 adults, it’s clean, modern, and cleverly compact in its design. Whatever I needed was there and my feedback & suggestions for improvements were welcomed.

Tom & Pam manage the apartment very efficiently; they are welcoming yet respect their guests' privacy. Any information provided both before and during my stay was timely, sufficient and helpful. I appreciated the welcoming touches of coffee & tea supplies, the fruit and chocolates and some first day breakfast supplies. By NO MEANS are guests made to feel that they’re to replace these!

Location is perfect: easy access to public transport (bus) was great for Hobart CBD but it’s also a convenient location for driving to places in Hobart's surrounds.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and was sorry I could not stay longer due to prior bookings. Would not hesitate to book this accommodation again when I next visit Hobart.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: I could quickly feel at home
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Chantzi
New York
“Lovely surroundings and nice apartment”
Reviewed 8 January 2015 for a stay in January 2015

All facilities were clean and in good repair. The gardens are very lovely, but not really accessible or visible from most of the cottage. As the apartment is actually part of the house, I felt reticent to invade their privacy and walk past the doorway. Tom was welcoming upon my arrival, even though it was late in the evening. I was surprised to be informed that provisions were supplied for only the first night and breakfast, and that I would have to purchase my own basic provisions for the rest of my stay. There was a selection of jams and jellies, a half liter of milk, and some cereal. Coffee was supplied, but written instructions implied that it be replaced upon use. Perhaps these arrangements could be made more clear when booking. The apartment is small, but very comfortable and has all mod-cons, including a washing machine and clothes line. I did not find the washing powder and dish washing supplies in the hidden cupboard under the sink, so I bought my own.
Hobart and all its attractions are easily accessed by car, and the bus route is within a short walk from the apartment. The area is very quiet and peaceful. Tom is a charming host and very accommodating.
The bedroom is up stairs, so would not suit anyone with a physical disability which prevents the use of stairs. It would not be suitable for children.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: the quiet area
Liked least: the printed list of do's and don'ts
Travelling group: Solo Traveller
Management Response
8 Jan 2015
Chantal,

We believe we provide an precise description of our accommodation and our guests invariably give us 5 stars for “Accuracy of Description”. As you are the first guest ever to give us less than a 5 star review, we feel compelled to respond.

The apartment, which by definition is not a cottage, shares an adjoining, fully-soundproofed wall with our house and the gardens are accessible from the apartment without walking past our doorway in two ways - either by the steps between the two doors or the path between the carport and the street.

We offer a self-contained, self-catering accommodation with a gourmet kitchen and have never claimed to be a Bed & Breakfast. The “complementary tea and coffee pods provided, and some breakfast goodies for our guests' first night” are greatly appreciated by our guests as you will see from any of our other reviews. Nowhere is it expressed or implied that the use of these bonus extras requires them to be replaced. We don’t feel the need to repeat all this when our guests enquire as we assume they have read our listing.

The cupboard under the sink is not deliberately hidden, it has a push/push catch as we cannot put a handle on it without it being hit by the adjoining drawer. But your point here is well made and we will put a “push to access cleaning products” label on it forthwith.

Again, we clearly state in our listing that our apartment is unsuitable for the elderly, those with disabilities and children, precisely because of the stairs.

Tom & Pam
Stuart F
Wellington, New Zealand
“What a gem and what great hosts”
Reviewed 27 December 2014 for a stay in December 2014
person found this review helpful

We stayed for a week and it was such a fantastic find. It is handy to the city, 10 minutes by car to the Salamanca Market, a regular bus service, and the taxi from town at 1.00am was only $20. it is a gorgeous apartment, Pam and Tom have filled the fridge and cupboard with jams and other condiments, and it had a coffee maker. Pam gave us lettuce from her garden and we were invited to join them on Christmas Day.

Tom loaned me a bike and I enjoyed riding on the cycle friendly road which goes right past the door. I rode out past the Shot Tower, a must to visit. Everything around Hobart is easy to get to, we had a rental car and driving was easy. Tom told me of some good vineyards and it was a very pleasant day sampling wine and many of the vineyard have a restaurant or cafe attached .

We had a great stay and only regretted that we could not stay longer

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Our hosts were extremely helpful and pleasant
Liked least: We had to return home
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Older travelers
cuspub
Melbourne
“Having read the other reviews, there seems to be very little I need to say.”
Reviewed 30 October 2014 for a stay in October 2014

Question... Why would it be that a rental apartment such as 'The Gardens' has received 5 stars from everyone who has stayed? I'd say it's pretty obvious, wouldn't you?

People have told you about the gorgeous Tessa chairs, the many books, DVD's et al, they would have mentioned that the place was immaculate, that the fridge was stocked with (in our case) 1 litre of milk, various lovely jams, butter, yoghurt and more. Opening the cupboards revealed even more goodies such as all of the condiments you could ever need, a massive array of cutlery and utensils, a large container of Weetbix (which I just happen to love), and the list goes on.

The bed is great, the sheets etc of a high standard, and then there's the little bathroom. Wow, I mean Tom and Pam don't skimp when it comes to ensuring you have everything you need. Buds, full medical kit, hair dryer, and more and more.

Situated approximately half way between Hobart CBD and Kingston along the winding Channel Highway, The Gardens Apartment is perfectly positioned up the hill across from the beach, not far from The Shot Tower. The roads are great, the traffic light, and everything on the Apple Isle is good.

The only things not provided by Pam and Tom was Gladwrap and a large quantity of coat hangers. Mind you, as soon as these were mentioned goodies were retrieved post haste.

One thing arguably missing is a fan for the toilet, suffice to say the window has a vent in the top.

And one more little thing; the filter in the lovely and efficient heater, required cleaning after the second night (we stayed for a total of 12), and it seemed that it hadn't been cleaned for some time. I imagine though it's one of those things that only needs cleaning every several months, so I can absolutely understand why this one slipped through to the keeper. Besides, it took me all of a minute to do it myself, so who cares.

Frankly, the place is great value for money, it's private, you don't have to worry whatsoever about noise (the wall between the apartment and house is fully sound proofed), is well positioned and the hosts terrific.

Point being? If looking for an apartment in Hobart, you simply must consider The Gardens Apartment Hobart.

Liked best: Everything
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Management Response
1 Nov 2014
Hi Greg, It was great to have you stay with us and thanks for the great review including the heads-up on the filter in the heater. You're correct it hardly ever needs cleaning, which is why it slipped off our radar. That won't happen again. Thanks also for the suggestion of more coat-hangers which have since been added.
Cheers,
Tom & Pam
Jatty0
“Brilliant”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 for a stay in July 2014
person found this review helpful

Such a great place for couple to stay. Place has almost everything in such a compact space. Located at 10 mins drive from Hobart and such a great people to deal with. Highly recommended

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing