All reviews great location galley kitchen king suite free laundry full kitchen main bedroom car park battery point saturday market big room dining table large tv short stroll your doorstep cooking facilities comfortable hotel bars and restaurants
Reviewed 8 October 2018

While attending a 3 days conference in Hobart, stayed at this excellent self contained apartment which was located perfectly to the venue the conference was held at. the apartments were large, well appointed and surprisingly quiet. the lift is a bit noisy so do not get a room alongside the lift. Apart from that the breakfast was great, the staff are very helpful and nice. didn't use the bar mainly because everytie I put my head in there wasn't any staff but I think they are probably multi-tasking so if I had been patient , someone probably would have come. I also would have loved a coffee machine.

Room Tip: Away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: October 2018, travelled on business
Kristian L, Assistant General Manager at Salamanca Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2018

ear Pauline0570,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for your post-stay review.

As you witnessed our rooms are larger than most, it makes it much more comfortable for those guests staying for longer periods.

I’m sorry to hear that our lift disturbed you. With concrete walls we don’t often receive comments on noise in our building.

Just to let you know, as we have a small team, our food and beverage team do have other tasks. There is a buzzer on the bar itself which will call someone when you need service.

Thanks once again Pauline, I hope to see you soon.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2018

I spent 2 night last week at the Salamanca Inn having left the accommodation which I had originally booked. I have stay there before and I'm never disappointed. The staff are always helpful especially when you don't know how to use the dryer and need to go and ask someone to help. Thanks to who that was. The suits themselves are open plan, with a queen bed, comfortable couch, kitchen with a dishwasher and at this time a year, under floor heating in the hard floors. I did feel a couple of times that the apartment was a little hot with the under floor heating but taking a jumper off helped. Mostly, the place was quiet but I did hear the little kids above me running around but they went to bed early and I had a great night sleep. Would recommend this place to anyone who was looking for somewhere central to stay and to be comfortable. Thanks guys.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled solo

Dear AMXAV,

Thank you for your glowing review of Salamanca Inn.

I’m pleased that you found your suite to be comfortable and loved the extra touch of under floor heating. It certainly is a bonus in Tassie at many times of the year.

Our team are well versed in many areas and it’s great they could help trouble shoot your dryer issue for you.

We appreciate your recommendation to others and hope that you are able stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

Very close to the bars and restaurants on Salamanca place and 5 mins walk to the city and piers. Fab. There is parking onsite and the rooms are spacious with a galley kitchen, Foxtel and free wifi. The rooms are serviced daily and seemed quiet.
We were in Hobart for 3 nights and this was a great base to explore from. The Salamanca Fresh supermarket is 100 steps away and we cooked at home one night to keep the costs down!
The hotel is 3 storeys and though the rooms don't have panoramic views, we looked out over a car park and neighbouring street. Quite acceptable! There's also a bar and Seafood & Grill restaurant on the ground floor. The staff are very friendly and efficient.
We'd definitely recommend this place to others. 4.5/5 stars.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
Kristian L, Assistant General Manager at Salamanca Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2018

Dear 000JT,

Thank you for posting a review after your stay.

I’m pleased that you made good use of our fantastic location, it is certainly one of our main selling points.

As a family business, customer service is very important to us and it’s great it was noticed.

We are very proud of our hotel suites and the complimentary services we can offer to our guests. It is excellent that you utilised some of these.

We appreciate your recommendation to others and hope to see you again too.

Reviewed 2 October 2018

Room was very spacious and well appointed. A well equipped guest laundry was a great bonus. Staff were very friendly and helpful and the price was reasonable. 2 minute walk to the Salamanca Market and Constitution Dock.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
Kristian L, Assistant General Manager at Salamanca Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2018

Dear spay1961,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay with us.

It’s great that our team was helpful and friendly to you and that you thought our tariffs to be value for money.

As you witnessed, our location is perfect for exploring beautiful Hobart.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Inn when you next visit Hobart.

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

Our stay was so good we tried to extend but the Inn was full and here’s why.....

LOCATION: 10/10 Step straight out the front door and into your holiday. 100 m to Sat Salamanca market, cafes, pubs, retail, newsagent, Tatts, gelato, pizza and best deli/supermarket (not overpriced and delicious ready to eat meals/salads with loads of good tassie produce), boat harbour and tour operators.
A short 5-10 minute walk into cbd for our retail fix too! Free undercover parking with direct hotel access.

ROOM: level 3 family five suite was excellent and quiet even though on same level to short stairs to pool. We loved it.
Downstairs: Well stocked kitchen incl ample crockery, utensils, appliances & dishwasher powder. Lounge spacious with comfy couch, large dining table & tv. Large windows overlooking office spaces and 7D cinema. No touristic view which didn’t matter as you will want to head straight out and explore. Bedroom with closing door from living space had comfy single bed and bunks, suitcase space and robe with hangers.
Upstairs: large main bed with beautiful dormer window, tv and a 2nd robe with hangers. Huge bathroom with excellent shower despite being over the bath.
A 2nd bathroom or powder room would have been better for family of 5 but we managed.

FOOD: We enjoyed room service dinner as we simply spent too long in the pool! Service was fast, professional and delicious. Pumpkin gnocchi sensational.

FACILITIES: Pool and spa were clean with upstairs seating area to be able to chat whilst keeping an eye on swimmers. Towels provided and toilet/shower in same area which was good. At night the pool is lit up with funky coloured lights. Huge roof windows but no actual view of surroundings.

SERVICE: Checkin was superb with a very happy, knowledgable female. I’m sorry I can’t recall her name: I was possibly distracted with all the info and everything being so ready. I felt like we were coming home despite this being our first stay. Checkout was also smooth.

VALUE: well worth every penny.
We are Accor members and rarely book out of our Accor hotel options so it felt odd when booking, but I am so glad we did. This hotel was fabulous. Perhaps a loyalty program could be available or special offers to guests eg dining discount, future stay offer.

Look no further than the Salamanca Inn for great sleep, great food and best holiday stay for sure.
Thankyou Salamanca Inn.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family

Dear LePonderosa,

Thank you so much for posting such a wonderful review after your stay with us.

We are a Tasmanian owned and operated family business and work hard to offer the same or better levels of service one would come to expect from a large hotel chain. We are very proud of our team from Housekeeping to Front Office to Food and Beverage as everyone does their best to exceed the expectations of our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back next time you are able to visit Hobart.