All reviews sandy bay battery point salamanca place car park coles
Reviewed 19 January 2018

Booked this place after competing in the race. Was very disappointed with the cleanliness. The stairs to our room were thilthy. Live wires exposed at power points, our room had no air con., the toilet paper didn't even have a holder?? Toilet was leaking and wThere was a cat at the desk?? A real dive

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 January 2018

If you're looking for an easy and convenient place to stay, Blue Hills Motel is a go. A no-frills motel, close to the city centre whilst being away from the mild hustle and bustle of Hobart.
Blue Hills is perfect for people who spend most of their days out and about and just need a comfy bed and a warm shower. The only downside for us was that the hallway and swipe cards of fellow guests could be a little noisy.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

My boyfriend and I arrived at Blue Hills Motel around 1pm after a 4-hour drive. We asked about a possible early check-in and whether there was a toilet we could use to which we were declined both. I was directed to walk 10-15 minutes to a nearby petrol station or grocery store. When we returned back to the hotel we received the keys to our old, evidently unclean and very basic room. It was a cold night and we were unable to close the windows that seemed to be permanently jammed open, the wind rattled the bathroom door all night. The website depicted this hotel as presentable, contemporary and clean in but the entire experience was contrary. The only positive that came from this hotel was the location but unfortunately I would never recommend it, especially at $150 per night.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelouD
Reviewed 1 October 2017

Stayed at Blue Hills Motel 27-30 Sep 2017. My room had been updated and was comfortable enough, but quite basic. No central HVAC. Heating is a small convection heater. No aircon (not that it's really needed in Hobart!). I was glad to have an opening window. Quality of some of the new room appointments was only moderate (one of the towel rails fell off during my stay!). It's obvious the owners are in the process of updating the establishment, but much work remains to be done - overall it's pretty tired right now. Staff were friendly and helpful. Price very reasonable (I paid $109 per night). Best part is that it's reasonably conveniently located - about 800m from Salamanca Place, so well within walking distance. Level 1 and 2 rooms have no views to speak of, but outside windows do not open onto walkway, so have better privacy than rooms on level 3, which have views but open onto a walkway.

Room tip: Hotel is located high off Sandy Bay Road and is reasonably quiet from traffic noise.
Date of stay: September 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Subtlevox
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Booked this via booking.com and the booking of this accomodation is fuss free and paid prior to arrival. On the day of arrival, we reached early so we asked when we can check in. The reception took initiative to take down our numbers and we were given a call when the room is ready. Kudos to this! We were also in need of a restroom and the staff gladly offered a restroom of a room for us to use even though they have to clean up the room again. Kudos to this too!

We went for a walk to the Salammacca Market which was just 10 - 15 mins walk away. There was also a Coles nearby (less than 5 mins drive). Location of accomodation is defintely ok if you drive but if you walk, it is not that near to the CBD and waterfront.

The room is also spacious and clean. Fridge is available. Toilet is open shower but we have no issue with it though some people think it will make the whole toilet very wet.

The only major issue with this place is that there is only 1 small heater for the big room! We nearly freezed on our 1st night! When i asked the staff on the next day whether they have any additional heater as we were really cold, they just asked us to keep the heater on for the whole day. Oh my! If that's the case, why not help us to on the heater prior to our arrival since so many people complained about that issue? I was really appalled on this matter. As heating is very important for our comfort during winter, i will definitely not stay here again if I visit during the winter.

And if you are a light sleeper, also try to ask to be away from the door as it is quite noisy. Not an issue for me though.

We also used the laundry service which is total aud6 for washer+dryer and it is very convenient! But usually this service is free for other places i have stayed. But at least they have this service then.

Date of stay: August 2017