Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$123
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/02
Reserve now, pay at stay
FindHotel
US$117
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/02
Booking.comUS$123
PricelineUS$123
ZenHotels.comUS$125
All reviews rooftop bar pool area queen room the east coast beautiful pool spent one night rooms are nice airlie beach down stairs flinders street ferry terminal comfy bed short stay great spot backpackers hostel noise
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

I stayed at the Rambutan Hotel at the beginning of may after reading it’s good reviews and exploring the website. I was travelling with a very expense electric mountain bike which was locked and secured incredibly well on to a bike rack. I read on their website that they had secure underground parking and throughout the hotel and there are CCTV signs everywhere and this was a great peace of mind for me travelling with my pride and joy.

I woke up in the morning and went to the carpark only to find that somehow (which I still have no idea how they did it) my mountain bike had been stolen overnight. I went to the reception in the morning to report this only to find out that another hotel guest had also had his similar mountain bike stolen the same evening from the car park. After asking if it was possible to look back through the CCTV footage I was simply told that they could not help and that I needed to report it to the police, which I did immediately.

As this may seem like an entirely negative review I would just like to add that aside from this the Rambutan had a lot of good things going for it. The hotel itself is in a great location and I was very impressed by the facilities, cleanliness and the room itself.

The main reason for this review is that from my stay until now I have had no apology, correspondence or contact whatsoever from the hotel or management regarding their findings from the CCTV of lack there of.
The way in which the hotel handled this during and after the incident was very unprofessional and I believe that they may need to look into their carpark security, how they handle incidents like this and how they advertise their carpark on their website.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Elliott Armour, Marketing at Rambutan, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2021

Dear Darren,

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your recent stay with us. We’re obviously very disappointed to read your review and apologise that we have not met your expectations in this instance. We would value the opportunity to learn more about your experience and speak with you in person. Could you please reach out to us on manager@rambutantownsville.com.au or alternatively please let us know how we may reach you.

We hope to be in contact with you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Rambutan Townsville

Reviewed 1 June 2021 via mobile

We were a bit confused by the use of the word resort describing this hotel. It is very much a higher end backpackers. We didn’t have a good experience from the beginning. We were unable to be checked in as our room wasn’t ready on time so sat in the bar for 2 hours until it was. When checking in there is a waiver that says “we play loud music until midnight and we understand it will be noisy” but that is hidden amongst all the general waiver things you need to sign. The room was very basic. The paint in our room was peeling off the wall. The bathroom door was glass sliding and leaves a big gap for your plop noises to escape and entertain the other person in the hotel room. There were also a bunch of cockroaches when we turned on the light in the bathroom that scattered. We didn’t see them again until the morning when we turned the light on, but then it was only one. The shower is AMAZING and was really really nice. My towel had makeup on it from the previous person that used the room - but it looked like they used the towel and then rolled it up to hide the stain - so the cleaners would have thought it had not been used. The bed was comfy and the sheets were clean. The TV was a great size. We didn’t use the pool. Despite the waiver for loud until midnight - the music was all done by 9pm. My big disappointment with the hotel is because it looked like a resort on Expedia and it really is just a glam backpackers. And I’m just too old to enjoy being in the backpackers environment.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello,

We hope to be in contact with you soon.

Yours sincerely,
Rambutan Townsville

Reviewed 26 May 2021 via mobile

This in one stay has become the only place i would want to stay in Townsville, talk about value for money, the Rambutan outshines any 5 star i have stayed at in Australia.. Yes the rooms are kind of batch like inside but thays half the charm! The beds are fantastically comfortable, the staff are impeccable and the food at both restaurants is good.. Then there is the upstairs bar by the pool.. Cold beer and wine, good tunes and pizza.. Yep aifn me up every time. Also great free undercover parking.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank MicMac1963
Elliott Armour, Marketing at Rambutan, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Thanks for coming Mic. Glad you have been enjoying your visits and stays with us! We look forward to having you again and continuing to provide outstanding service.

Thanks,

Rambutan.

Reviewed 20 April 2021

Enjoyed our stay and what looks like a fairly new renovated hotel. Staff were friendly and was right in the heart of town which was handy for us attending a wedding round the corner. Did get a little loud over the night but wouldn't put us off booking again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anniekerry

Thanks for coming Annie and we're glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We'll work on those touch points and aim to improve our service!

Reviewed 13 April 2021 via mobile

This resort isn’t what you’d expect. The room was dirty, literally balls of hair in the drain and on the floor boards. There was a dirty towel still hanging on the shower door with make-up on it. There were marks still in the toilet from previous guests... and the noise from the bar is very loud. Don’t bother.

1  Thank Grant271087