Lowest prices for your stay
Hotels.com
US$123
Free cancellation until 21/10/02
Reserve now, pay at stay
US$124
Free cancellation until 21/10/01
FindHotel
US$117
Free cancellation until 21/10/02
Expedia.comUS$123
PricelineUS$124
ZenHotels.comUS$126
All reviews rooftop bar pool area queen room the east coast beautiful pool spent one night rooms are nice airlie beach down stairs flinders street ferry terminal comfy bed short stay great spot backpackers hostel noise
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 November 2020

stayed 2 nights in a king room over looking the pool/restaurant. We did have an issue on arrival however after discussing with staff they were only to happy to attend and they made sure our stay was enjoyable. The room was a bit on the small side but clean and comfortable and quiet. The pool and restaurant is the highlight of this property. The woodfired pizza was excellent - you can choose to overlook the pool or sit on the balcony which overlooks the city. Also the location is ideal and you can enjoy the main attractions by foot. Will stay again.

Room tip: request a pool view if possible
Date of stay: November 2020
2  Thank johnsco2019
Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

Nothing says relaxing like being woken up by the scream of kids using the pool at 730 on a Saturday morning. Spoke to the receptionist who advised it opens at 7am. Which ever rocket scientist thought that was a good idea clearly has never stayed here. Ruined any chance I’ll be back.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank X9814QOandrewm
Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

We were blown away when we arrived on Thursday evening after an exhausting road trip. We were recommended by a friend to stay at the Rambutan. Not knowing or expecting what to experience, we were truly amazed by the hospitality of this place. From the receptionist Brie to the 3 ply soft toilet paper this place was a little slice of Mediterranean heaven, right in Townsville! We will be back!!!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kloeg2016
Michaela Nielsen, General Manager at Rambutan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2020

Thanks for the lovely review, kloeg2016! We're delighted that Brie exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rambutan soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2020 via mobile

Having stayed at this hotel previously my expectations were not very high as I’ve noticed a few small issues with the business, however the price usually compensates. But this time even despite the well priced $80 a night I was deflated by the few issues in my room. The aircon was stuck on, the shower overflowing, the lack of privacy due to poor design and inferior curtains, the worn out and uncomfortable mattress, the TV that had no channels or connection and last but not least the feeling from staff that my complaint was not welcomed nor was my opinion valued. Such a cool place being held back by either management or financially constraining owners limiting managements ability to value its customers.
On a positive note, I’ve enjoyed a pretty good wood fired pizza here on last stay and the location and parking is convenient

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank highestpeak
Reviewed 30 July 2020 via mobile

Overall it was ok but I’m not sure how it got its 5 stars as it’s not deserved now. When we arrived we tried to enter the car park ramp but there is such a steep difference between the driveway and the car park my car grounded and we hit the exhaust. My car is a Kia Rio so it’s a pretty average car and it hasn’t been lowered. We had to reverse and park in the upper car park which the meant we had to carry our luggage down the very steep drive to access the hotel.
The room was clean but the bedding was a bit damaged and the room had hairline cracks in it. There was only 2 electrical sockets in the bedroom, one powered the fridge and the other was a reading lamp. Most people have mobile phones to charge as well as hairdryers etc so unless you plug them into the sockets in the bathroom you either have to unplug the fridge or the lamp. Not very convenient. The air conditioning didn’t have a heat facility and it was quite cold that night and coupled with the big gap under the door it wasn’t very comfortable. The plug did not work in the sink so I just had to continuously run the water which is wasteful. The room was quite clean.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank darwin1905