Lowest prices for your stay
US$101
US$96
Booking.comUS$101
CheapTicketsUS$101
ZenHotels.comUS$103
All reviews rooftop bar pool area queen room the east coast beautiful pool spent one night rooms are nice airlie beach down stairs flinders street ferry terminal comfy bed short stay great spot backpackers hostel noise
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 October 2020 via mobile

Nothing says relaxing like being woken up by the scream of kids using the pool at 730 on a Saturday morning. Spoke to the receptionist who advised it opens at 7am. Which ever rocket scientist thought that was a good idea clearly has never stayed here. Ruined any chance I’ll be back.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank X9814QOandrewm
Reviewed 2 October 2020 via mobile

We were blown away when we arrived on Thursday evening after an exhausting road trip. We were recommended by a friend to stay at the Rambutan. Not knowing or expecting what to experience, we were truly amazed by the hospitality of this place. From the receptionist Brie to the 3 ply soft toilet paper this place was a little slice of Mediterranean heaven, right in Townsville! We will be back!!!

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank kloeg2016
Michaela Nielsen, General Manager at Rambutan, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2020

Thanks for the lovely review, kloeg2016! We're delighted that Brie exceeded your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back to Rambutan soon.

Reviewed 19 August 2020 via mobile

Having stayed at this hotel previously my expectations were not very high as I’ve noticed a few small issues with the business, however the price usually compensates. But this time even despite the well priced $80 a night I was deflated by the few issues in my room. The aircon was stuck on, the shower overflowing, the lack of privacy due to poor design and inferior curtains, the worn out and uncomfortable mattress, the TV that had no channels or connection and last but not least the feeling from staff that my complaint was not welcomed nor was my opinion valued. Such a cool place being held back by either management or financially constraining owners limiting managements ability to value its customers.
On a positive note, I’ve enjoyed a pretty good wood fired pizza here on last stay and the location and parking is convenient

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank highestpeak
Reviewed 30 July 2020 via mobile

Overall it was ok but I’m not sure how it got its 5 stars as it’s not deserved now. When we arrived we tried to enter the car park ramp but there is such a steep difference between the driveway and the car park my car grounded and we hit the exhaust. My car is a Kia Rio so it’s a pretty average car and it hasn’t been lowered. We had to reverse and park in the upper car park which the meant we had to carry our luggage down the very steep drive to access the hotel.
The room was clean but the bedding was a bit damaged and the room had hairline cracks in it. There was only 2 electrical sockets in the bedroom, one powered the fridge and the other was a reading lamp. Most people have mobile phones to charge as well as hairdryers etc so unless you plug them into the sockets in the bathroom you either have to unplug the fridge or the lamp. Not very convenient. The air conditioning didn’t have a heat facility and it was quite cold that night and coupled with the big gap under the door it wasn’t very comfortable. The plug did not work in the sink so I just had to continuously run the water which is wasteful. The room was quite clean.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank darwin1905
Reviewed 29 July 2020

Sorry but i'm a mother and i can't stand it! , the hostel is no smoking , but it smelled like drugs on the stairs, the kids asked us what it was . I thinks we don’t come back in this hostel ! Thank you .

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank LillyMark20
Rambutan Townsville, Agency / Consultant at Rambutan, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2020

Hi LillyMark20,

We're obviously very disappointed to hear about your experience regarding the smell of smoke at the property. As you mention, we are a smoke free venue, however people may smoke in the designated smoking area at the rear of the property located in the outside car park. We apologise wholeheartedly that another guests decision has tarnished your experience.

We would like to know more about your experience so that we may put in place measures that stop this from happening in the future. Could you please let us know how we may reach you to discuss further? Alternatively, please contact me directly on manager@rambutantownsville.com or call: (07) 4771 6915

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.
Rambutan Management.