Hotels.com
Trip.com
Travelocity
All reviews magnetic island great location barbecue area these apartments two bedroom apartment ferry terminal place to stay reef hq nice apartment lovely pool definitely stay here again easy walk comfortable stay great facilities flinders street car park tennis
Selected filters
Reviewed 8 December 2020

Fabulous location right on the Strand, well appointed, (even though lounge and dining suite were very tired) and super comfy beds

That said, whilst location and most amenities were fab, the Lack of any working internet for our 10 day stay was abysmal at best,, Initially when asking about the lack of internet the Stand in manager appeared to be interested - however when I continued to enquire as to when we may expect to have it working again, given like most folks, I am heavily reliant upon it to continue to run my business when on travel trips...I was initially told..by the Stand in Manager.. . ' Your on holidays and we are not really here to provide an Internet service"..." we are here to look after people on holidays"...

I tried to explain, whilst holidaying here.. I still required Internet access, that a timely and professional approach could have appeased the frustration at the lack of internet in some way...
I was clearly expecting way too much...

I like most folks expect timely and professional advice on services ( as advertised like unlimited and free Hi Speed Internet) to be working, and if not, timely advice on when it can be expected to be working..

However, the best feedback I received from management was to be explained in a very sarcastic manner that ' I will ring you three times a day to tell you that i have no answers for you as to why the internet is not working.. ) is clearly not helpful nor appropriate.. After day 6, I gave up and had no response or feedback on the continued lack of internet from management from that point on.

I did initially ring the Hotel internet provider who explained that they did not have authority to fix the issue as the lack of internet service was between the hotel and Telstra,, and not the provider which I did pass back to Management but that was on day 2 of our stay ???

To say I was frustrated at the absence of understanding, empathy or action regarding the lack of Internet for the duration of our stay by management ( 10 days in total) and the impact is an understatement . Every day we had to source alternative Internet access which in Townsville is not easy feat, believe me.. Yes I know it is first world problems, however.. for a $2500 stay , i sense the inaction of management at the time was not really professional nor fair.

In Summary great location on the strand, fab beds, but no internet for 10 days with very unresponsive management - disappointing indeed and most unfortunate.

Date of stay: November 2020
Mariners North Holiday Apartments, General Manager at Mariners North Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2020

Hi Leanne,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with feedback on your stay at Mariners North.

During the time of your stay, we were aware of the problems with our guest internet. Our Reception staff contacted our Internet provider to investigate the problems with our guest internet services. The staff followed up with the Internet provider throughout the period the problem with the internet persisted. We provide an internet service for our guests for their convenience during their stay at Mariners North. The internet service we provide is not however set up for high data download; such as running a business. The internet provider worked constantly to resolve the problems with the internet which unfortunately resulted in inconsistent internet services.

It is unfortunate that whilst you were staying with us we had those ongoing issues, and we apologise for the inconvenience and we are still working with our Internet supplier to improve the consistency of our Internet service.

Steve Sargent - Manager.

Reviewed 27 October 2020

Quiet ocean front with views towards Magnetic Island and The Strand beaches. Ours was a two bedroom in the tower with generous sized apartment and balcony. Nicely appointed, The pool was great for each afternoon refreshment after daily activities. We will return and would recommend. The reception people were friendly and helpful. We also appreciated the secure carparking for the week.

Room tip: Great pool and tennis court. Close to shops and cafes.
Date of stay: October 2020
Mariners North Holiday Apartments, General Manager at Mariners North Holiday Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 November 2020

Hi BuderimDiner,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and I am glad to hear that your stay was a memorable one. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 15 August 2020 via mobile

We stayed nearly 2 weeks here and the views are to die for ! Its quiet and secure and spotlessly clean within a 100m of resturants cafes and shops . Lovely pool and great facilities here . We will definately be back

Date of stay: August 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Pob28008,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, as we always love hearing we have provided an enjoyable experience. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 29 July 2020

We visited Townsville for the the first time as daughter located there with partner in the Army. Sharon and Steve we great with communications prior and during our stay. The apartment (11) was very spacious and comfortable and had a great view over the tennis court and magnetic island.
The property was super quiet during our 3 night stay and weather was amazing. The kitchen was well equipped, fans and aircon worked well. Bathroom a little tired and the outdoor furniture could do with an upgrade but these were the only faults I could muster.
The position is great as near mariner and short walk to strand. There aren't too many restaurants within a 5 min walk but there are numerous 20 min from the resort and its a really nice walk along the strand.
As mentioned, the tennis court is great as is the pool and spa. There is a nice BBQ area which you can book. I noticed a large group there most afternoons enjoying the sunset each night. All up its a great place to stay in Townsville if you want a great view of the water, quiet and central location (Couldnt too many options) this is the place to stay. We will be back.
Thanks Sandra and Steve for a great stay.
Matt & Bec

Room tip: higher rooms have better views but ground floors have easy access to amenities
Date of stay: July 2020

Hi Keira,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so glad to hear that we will be your top choice when you visit Townsville in the future. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 6 July 2020 via mobile

I will start off by saying we think this is the best location on the Strand for accommodation and facilities. My wife is telling me not to say anything else as she wants to book here again and doesn't want anyone else to know about it
Definitely worth the price and we will 100% be back.

Date of stay: July 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hi Jekd2,

Thank you for leaving such positive feedback, we are pleased to hear you and your wife enjoyed your stay. Thank you for choosing Mariners North and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.