Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$99
eDreamsUS$99
CheapTicketsUS$99
Reviews (1 215)
1 215 results
All reviews castletown shopping centre fast food outlets family room rooms are comfortable business trip reception staff would stay again magnetic island celsius wedding pillows motel foyer cleaners
Selected filters
11 - 16 of 1 215 reviews
Reviewed 29 July 2021

Great place to stay staff are very very helpful easy to get around Townsville pool area is good . Restaurant and bar very good in all just a Great place to stay and would stay there again next time I’m in Townsville

Date of stay: July 2021
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
Reviewed 28 July 2021

We booked a family room for one night for the Storm V Cowboys game ($230-$240p.n). The hotel's location was perfect for getting to and from the game, and for visiting local spots/restaurants, etc.
Upon entering the main reception area, the place looked quite well maintained, open, clean, and relaxing. The staff member who served me on check-in was friendly, professional, and informative.
Our room was situated by the lake, a little ways from the bar/restaurant, so it was fairly quiet, and the view in the morning was lovely. However, we were surprised, upon entering, to find how small and shabby the room looked compared to the images provided upon booking. The bathroom was untidy, there were multiple spiders around the window and on the ceiling - I had to go to reception to ask for bug spray because my four-year-old son refused to go in there until they were gone. There was hair in the shower drain, and the ceiling was covered in black dirt/small dead bugs.
The bedding in the room was clean, and our sleep was very comfortable, unfortunately when heading to bed last night, we could not figure out how to turn the lights off without it affecting the bathroom light (where my eldest son was having his shower). My husband and I played around with all the switches, looked for any information on how the lights operated, as every single switch seemed to turn every single light off. It was very confusing. In the end, my husband figured it out, but it was extremely frustrating spending as long as we did to work out how to turn the lights off.

The TV's Foxtel channels did not all work Some, like the Nickelodeon channel, had no sound whatsoever, and the ones that did, their sound would cut out continuously for 3 seconds, or the sound would just fade out and return. I tried to plug in my portable hard drive into the USB socket on the TV, as it contained some of my kids' cartoons, but the remote button on the TV to access the HDD was inoperable, so my kids had nothing to watch that night/morning.
I did inform staff of this upon check-out, and as it was just an overnight stay I wasn't going to suggest a room change the night before, but it was still an annoying thing to happen when you've booked a family room that isn't really family-friendly.

Location 5/5
Cleanliness 3/5
Service 4/5
Room functionality 2/5

Date of stay: July 2021
Reviewed 25 June 2021

It's a large, tropical open resort style hotel with relatively small but comfortable and well designed rooms. Great facilities e.g. pool and restaurant. Very comfortable, Very good front desk service - helpful and patient.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 19 June 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. Friendly staff. Comfy beds, rooms outdated slightly but still absolutely fine. Pool area is great and restaurant and bar area is also positioned really well. Close to town without being too close. Lots of parking area.
My only issue was the luggage from car to your rooms is a hike. And had to drag bag up fleet of stairs. Which when you have a suitcase it pretty crap.
But that's minor in the big scheme of things.
Thanks for our stay mecure

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2021

There is plenty of parking but it is effectively a public car park no gates, no security . You then have to carry your luggage across the carpark to the reception area. Check in - reception staff were great helpful and very polite. Then you have to carry your luggage through the restaurant area, round the corner through the bar area, up ramps and sets of steps to find your room.
We are grateful that we were given a "quite " room as requested . The room was very clean. The bed large and comfy. The bathroom is very compact, in fact if you are a larger person you may find it difficult to use the bathroom.
The shower makes so much noise it is impossible to hear the TV while your partner is taking a shower.
Grounds are very nice, and very well maintained.
The complex in reality is very much a conference center. Trying to get from the carpark across the walkway to reception was impossible. There was a group of people attending a conference who simply refused to move. This meant we had to walk around on the roadway which is used by taxi's who will honk their horn if you dont walk quick enough. Again the restaurant area near reception is full of conference peoples waiting to be collected. Round the corner near the bar again packed with conference people , some of whom were enjoying more than one beer and again we had to squeeze through them as they refused to move.
Be careful in the car park, the road is in desperate need of repair.. I doubt we will return.

Date of stay: June 2021