Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline
TripadvisorUS$105
getaroom.comUS$123
Reviews (1 199)
1 199 results
All reviews castletown shopping centre fast food outlets family room rooms are comfortable business trip reception staff would stay again magnetic island celsius wedding pillows motel foyer cleaners
Selected filters
58 - 63 of 1 199 reviews
Reviewed 3 January 2020

Very comfortable good restaurant and a perfect location for a quiet easy to access accommodation.
We came for shopping and the Mercure is situated next door to one shopping centre and centrally located for the others, saved a lot of time during our short stay.

Management response:Responded 9 April 2020

Dear Martin,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Mercure Townsville.

We are delighted to read that you had a comfortable stay at our hotel. I will be sure to share your comments with our team as I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Nikola Murphy
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 1 January 2020

While my wife and kids arrived before me as I was driving and they flew up. I thought I’d book them into a nice resort as it had a 4.5 star rating, it would be lucky to have a 2.5 rating. While the staff were friendly, which was a credit to them. The room cleanliness was terrible and my wife and kids felt unsafe and stayed in the room till I arrived because of some of the guests staying there, and with Police constantly in and about the resort, it highly unlikely I’d recommend this place to anyone. Bed was hard as a rock to top it off after driving 15 hours to hear about everything else from my wife and kids. No way I’d recommend this place to anyone, nor would we ever stay there again.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Management response:Responded 9 April 2020

Dear tonysisson69,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Mercure Townsville. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Please note that this problem was a true exception to our normal practices and we have since spoken with housekeeping in relation to your cleanliness issues you have raised. In regards to the police issue that was not something that was completely out of our control and not something that occurs regularly at the hotel. The issues were addressed by police and dealt with immediately and posed no risk at all to our guests. I know we looked after your entire bill on check out and you have been in contact with our general manager since then. Please know that the safety of our guests and staff is paramount and something we take very seriously. I am sincerely sorry you feel we failed you here. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the housekeeping problems and we are aware our standard rooms are in need of a refurb and this is currently being discussed with our owners. All our efforts are concentrated in preventing future occurrences.

I would like to reiterate our commitment to high quality standards, and I personally would like to make sure you will experience it during your next stay with us.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Mercure. Please do not hesitate to contact me during your next visit.

Nikola Murphy
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed 31 December 2019

Great stay. We received excellent service from all staff. We were given a great room with a lovely view over the lake.Great breakfast buffet with a large variety to choose from. Central location with easy assess to shopping centres.

Reviewed 30 December 2019

We had Christmas at Mercure this year with family. It’s a hidden piece of paradise guaranteed to recharge you. The staff are what make Mercure the obvious choice as they are always so friendly & welcoming.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2019

We have stayed here numerous times in the last couple of years. The resort is constantly having small upgrades which are really making a difference.
The staff are amazing so friendly (well it is North Qld after all!), the food in the restaurant is very good, large portions and reasonably priced.
pool is lovely and very much like a resort. Rooms are a really good size and we appreciate the couch and outside verandah