Lowest prices for your stay
US$105
TravelocityUS$105
Prestigia.comUS$109
Reviews (1 042)
1 043 results
All reviews sugar shaker rooftop pool great location leagues club central location buffet breakfast centre of town across the road flinders street bed and pillows castle hill great place to stay comfortable stay magnetic island room service business trip walking distance
Selected filters
34 - 39 of 1 043 reviews
Reviewed 19 May 2021

make sure your credit card is full they want large deposit that takes over a week to refund, but yet they can take in 1 second. I was there for a trip paid for in full by workcover for medical visit to hospital. but they still wanted me to pay deposit after everything was paid for

2  Thank chefscotty1
John Tarrant, Owner at Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2021

Hi chefscotty1

It is disappointing that you have felt it necessary to leave a 1-star review.

The hotel simply places a pre-authorization hold of $100 on a guest credit card upon check-in. This is held as cover for incidental costs that may occur during your stay, for example, room service or dining in the restaurant.

The length of time the money takes to show back in your account is dependant on who you bank with as the hotel releases the hold upon check out.

Kind Regards,

John
Area DOSM

Reviewed 17 May 2021

The Staff were friendly and helpful without being intrusive. I was very please to see how clean the room, bathroom and windows all were. Parking facilities, while not onsite, were very good. I would happily stay again next time I visit Townsville.

1  Thank Batman6173
Nick Nguyen, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2021

Dear Batman6173,

Thanks so much for your 5 star review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with our hotel's cleanliness and off-site parking facilities, and that you found our team friendly and helpful.

Reviewed 9 May 2021

I really could not fault this hotel, from the efficient, pleasant reception staff to the spacious, well appointed and equipped room.
Excellent sea, Ross River and Magnetic Island views from the 18th floor room.
Delicious breakfast.
Close to all CBD shopping, transport and attractions.
Definitely stay again, if visiting Townsville in the near future

1  Thank Eric994
Nick Nguyen, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2021

Dear Eric994,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay. It was pleasing to read you enjoyed your stay with our hotel's central location, spacious rooms, great views and delicious meals, especially our efficient and pleasant reception staff.

Reviewed 9 May 2021

I was here two nights. I chose the hotel because: it had a good location - I was walking from the train; it had great deals on their website - I got a breakfast and a dinner; it has great views. The breakfast was great - a served buffet. Dinner was good. The pool was delightful. I walked up Castle Hill from the hotel - easy to get to the base. I'd stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank RedPuffins

Dear RedPuffins,

Thank you for taking the time to write your very complimentary review.

It was so nice to read all the lovely things you experienced during your stay, especially the hotel's central location with great views and meals.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 5 May 2021

Great customer service, friendly staff always willing to help out with any requirements. Food was also good & the breakfast buffet was amazing, I'll definitely come back again when I need to stay in a hotel.

1  Thank damienhoffrichter

Dear Damienhoffrichter,

Thanks so much for your 5 star review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with our amazing meals, and that you found our team friendly and helpful.