Lowest prices for your stay
US$105
View deal
Free cancellation until 21/10/01
Reserve now, pay at stay
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
Expedia.comUS$105
Booking.comUS$105
PricelineUS$105
Reviews (1 042)
1 042 results
All reviews sugar shaker rooftop pool great location leagues club central location buffet breakfast centre of town across the road flinders street bed and pillows castle hill great place to stay comfortable stay magnetic island room service business trip walking distance
Selected filters
46 - 51 of 1 042 reviews
Reviewed 9 April 2021

I would like to provide my highest commendation and deepest thanks for the wonderful Hotel Grand Chancellor and the Staff. I cannot say enough good things about these lovely people and the magnificent place. (I was a long-term resident there, nearly 2.5 years, and left only because I had to move to another city.) Let me tell you about a few reasons why this hotel is so wonderful, although I could write for pages. First, and perhaps most important, are the people. The staff are incredibly kind, dedicated, hard-working, helpful, and all-around amazing. They knock themselves out to make sure people are happy and well looked after at the hotel. They also are constantly smiling, cheerful, energetic, and enthusiastic to help. They make each guest feel like the most treasured guest in the world. Second is the place. As an engineer who specialises in buildings and healthy indoor environments, I can tell you that this hotel is the best of the best. The rooms and facilities are meticulously and perfectly clean, and the building is superbly and impressively maintained. The views are also spectacular - overlooking the city and the Great Barrier Reef. The fresh ocean air comes right into your room over your private balcony. And the hotel is 100% non-smoking. You won't find that in other hotels in Queensland. Third, is the location. It is ideal. The property is situated right in the middle of the CBD, and everything you need is just a short and pleasant walk away. It's also just a short hop away from all the major attractions and facilities in Townsville. Finally, this hotel is a vacation destination in and of itself. It's great for all kinds of travellers and trips - for singles, couples, and families - and for holiday, business, or long term. Once you come, you won't want to leave!

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nick Nguyen, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Dear Anne,

Thank you so much for your beautiful words. You have always been kind to everyone around and have become an incredible friend of the HGCT team. Your passion and your smile have motivated everyone here everyday.

We appreciate your friendship, your kindness and your time staying with us. We wish you all the best and we look forward to welcoming you back again the near future.

HGCT Team

Reviewed 6 April 2021

The ease of booking in and the quality of the service of the staff was outstanding. The room was clean and comfortable and the view was amazing. Great location, walking distance to shops and restaurants.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Jake Taylor, Sales at Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2021

Dear Daydream675583,

Thanks so much for your 5 star review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our team friendly and enjoyed the views.

Jake, Business Development Executive - QLD

Reviewed 25 March 2021

Had a lovely few days in Townsville staying at The Grand Chancellor, staff were friendly and helpful. I didn’t use any of the food and beverage services so can’t comment on those however the my room was clean and spacious and very relaxing. The roof top pool was great for quick dips. Would stay again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Nick Nguyen, Guest Services / Front Office at Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2021

Dear Geoffybear,

Thanks so much for your complimentary review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you found our team friendly and helpful.

Nick Nguyen, Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 24 March 2021

An amazing check in experience that makes sure you're taken care of. A clean room that looks stunning and a bed that made me want to stay there forever.

The cooks craft mouth watering meals that make you think about them after you've eaten them.

The staff are amazing and friendly.

Dear McKennaB19,

Thanks so much for your review. I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your check-in experience with our amazing and friendly associates, and that you liked the bed, the room and your meals.

Nick Nguyen, Assistant Front Office Manager

Reviewed 22 March 2021 via mobile

Stayed here for 16 days , for work, great room service menu, great rooftop pool and gym which I used daily. The car parking while secure is a bit expensive, and the wi fi never worked , but gladly I have lots of 5G data , the Netflix accounts on TVs also didn’t work, but gladly had my own laptop.

Stayed in a one bedroom apartment, while a little tired , it’s was clean and neat. The house keeping would often come late, up to 400pm which was a little inconvenient as I was working very early and finished by 200pm each day.

Staff very friendly and would accommodate any needs.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Jake Taylor, Sales at Hotel Grand Chancellor Townsville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2021

Dear janesK7208JC,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback after your recent stay. It was pleasing to read you enjoyed your stay, particularly our service and amenities. I am disappointed to hear that we were not able to exceed your expectations in terms of our complimentary Wi-Fi.

We are dedicated to continually improving our service, so your feedback is greatly appreciated and has been passed on to head office so this can be reviewed.

We hope that you do stay with us again in the future, so that we can demonstrate our true standards and our commitment to exceeding guest expectations.

Jake, Business Development Executive - QLD