Lowest prices for your stay
Priceline
Free cancellation until 21/10/01
Reserve now, pay at stay
eDreams
Trip.comUS$97
TripadvisorUS$83
All reviews across the road great location within walking distance supermarket strand microwave accommodation eateries rates ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed 23 June 2019 via mobile

This is a 1960style hotel, no frills.
Everything you need and nothing you don't want.
Great cafe below cheap breakfast and great code and chai.
Awesome view as we had front room.
Nice people running it too.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

Old style motel with all the comforts of home

Great location 50 metres from the beach
Helpful and welcoming reception with a budget price
Clean - comfortable bed - mini kitchen with utensils , refrigerator and even alt and pepper!

Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

I am not the type of customer to give a 1 star rating but on this occasion I felt I had to. I booked a room here 7 days before I arrived. I arranged a late check in as my flight wasn't landing until 10pm. The office confirmed this was not a problem. On arrival reception was closed and there was no answer from the after hours number supplied. I tried numerous times and also tried over 10 other hotels for a room but the town was booked out. I was forced to sleep outside the reception on a steel chair in the freezing cold with my luggage. When the reception opened the morning after I was greeted by a receptionist at 7.45 who was very rude and made me wait until they opened at 8am before speaking about what happend. I was calm and polite as I guessed it wasn't the receptionist fault that was on duty in the morning. I was rudely told it was my fault for not calling again that night to confirm a late check in even though I had the day before. I asked why no one had called me to see why I hadnt checked in as the room was prepaid and the response was they are not a fancy hotel that do that kind of service. I asked for a refund and was told she would do this later in the day as she was too busy in the morning to do so. Completely unprofessional and have yet to see the refund come through. The hotel is in a great location and I'm sure the motel rooms are nice but unfortunately I didn't get to see them. I would not recommend this motel to anyone

Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Leigh B
Reviewed 30 May 2019

The decor is a bit dated, but the room was clean and provided everything we needed, including a kitchenette, although it would have been great if recycling had been offered in the motel and/or room. The motel reminded me of beachside places from an earlier time, which is not a bad thing. It was charming, if a little rough around the edges.

Phillippa went out of her way to be helpful and accommodating around our slightly challenging schedule. The cafe is well worth a visit--if you get the opportunity to try the blueberry waffles, do it. The motel's location is near perfect, within easy walking distance of numerous restaurants and just across the road from a beautiful waterfront.

The only slightly weird thing was the curiosity (to be kind) of the other guests. We would open our door to go out, and folks would open their doors or look out their windows to see what was going on. Not say anything, just stare. It was a bit unnerving, but nothing the motel or its staff can do anything about admittedly.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank CynthiaLNolan
Reviewed 14 May 2019 via mobile

Beds comfortable and room clean but the place is very tired. Fan and aircon worked ok, no hot water to the sink but the kettle produced the hot water needed to wash dishes. Great location and staff are helpful. Nice to have a coin-free washing machine after a few days on the road

Date of stay: May 2019