Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$98
eDreamsUS$98
Agoda.comUS$98
Trip.comUS$102
TripadvisorUS$98
All reviews across the road great location within walking distance supermarket strand microwave accommodation eateries rates ferry
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 June 2019 via mobile

I am not the type of customer to give a 1 star rating but on this occasion I felt I had to. I booked a room here 7 days before I arrived. I arranged a late check in as my flight wasn't landing until 10pm. The office confirmed this was not a problem. On arrival reception was closed and there was no answer from the after hours number supplied. I tried numerous times and also tried over 10 other hotels for a room but the town was booked out. I was forced to sleep outside the reception on a steel chair in the freezing cold with my luggage. When the reception opened the morning after I was greeted by a receptionist at 7.45 who was very rude and made me wait until they opened at 8am before speaking about what happend. I was calm and polite as I guessed it wasn't the receptionist fault that was on duty in the morning. I was rudely told it was my fault for not calling again that night to confirm a late check in even though I had the day before. I asked why no one had called me to see why I hadnt checked in as the room was prepaid and the response was they are not a fancy hotel that do that kind of service. I asked for a refund and was told she would do this later in the day as she was too busy in the morning to do so. Completely unprofessional and have yet to see the refund come through. The hotel is in a great location and I'm sure the motel rooms are nice but unfortunately I didn't get to see them. I would not recommend this motel to anyone

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Leigh B
Reviewed 30 May 2019

The decor is a bit dated, but the room was clean and provided everything we needed, including a kitchenette, although it would have been great if recycling had been offered in the motel and/or room. The motel reminded me of beachside places from an earlier time, which is not a bad thing. It was charming, if a little rough around the edges.

Phillippa went out of her way to be helpful and accommodating around our slightly challenging schedule. The cafe is well worth a visit--if you get the opportunity to try the blueberry waffles, do it. The motel's location is near perfect, within easy walking distance of numerous restaurants and just across the road from a beautiful waterfront.

The only slightly weird thing was the curiosity (to be kind) of the other guests. We would open our door to go out, and folks would open their doors or look out their windows to see what was going on. Not say anything, just stare. It was a bit unnerving, but nothing the motel or its staff can do anything about admittedly.

Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 May 2019 via mobile

Beds comfortable and room clean but the place is very tired. Fan and aircon worked ok, no hot water to the sink but the kettle produced the hot water needed to wash dishes. Great location and staff are helpful. Nice to have a coin-free washing machine after a few days on the road

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 February 2019 via mobile

Went to Townsville for a wedding and needed a cheap place to stay. Picked a weekend with a local festival so fortunate to have booked early as prices everywhere skyrocketed. We originally had a room in the main block but we're offered the old Queenslander next door. Felt a bit ripped off initially but then decided it was fun walking the wonky floors, shower attached awkwardly at the back, bedrooms linked by history. Kitchen was well appointed, main bedroom good but everything is just old and historic bit OK. TV and lounge was totally crap. Access to the house upstairs can be via the street but you might literally walk past and through the joining house and guests. So access is around the back... Which is OK if you are driving. Plenty of free off-street parking and very easy walk out the back to the shopping centres and of course the beach is just across the road. So, if you don't mind sleeping in a bit of a rickety old Queenslander, you'll find this place a little gem at a reasonable price. Don't book it through those hotel sites. Go direct and ask for it at their best price. They'll still make money and you'll have a home away from home instead of a one room doesn't fit all to stay in!

Date of stay: October 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 11 January 2019 via mobile

Rosemary at the front desk was lovely. I was on a budget and this place was perfect for me. On the strand, next to the Seaview and Coles directly behind. Rooms were beautiful and clean and had everything I could have needed. Thanks for my quick stay

Date of stay: January 2019