All reviews lot of road noise excellent place to stay across the road short stay motel hospital
Reviewed 16 June 2018 via mobile

Lovely clean rooms. Everything you could need. The staff were amazing. So friendly and accommodating, going over and above the normal. The meal I ordered was perfect as well. Will definitely be staying here next time I'm in townsville.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled solo
Banjopaterson, Owner at Banjo Paterson Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Hi Nikki, better late than never to say thanks for the review. We are working hard to continue improving the motel and the meals so do hope we see you again.

Regards, Adrian, Greg & Annette

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately my daughter ended up In Townsville hospital whilst staying in Ayr. Her condition was serious so flew to Townsville from England to be with her.
As a solo female traveler I was made to feel very welcome. Lovely staff who went out of their way to make a terrible time easier for me.
The spacious room was lovely and clean and serviced every day if required. Lovely white fluffy towels! It was well equipped with everything for a short stay.
There was a bar and restaurant on the premises. I was at the hospital every day and service stopped at 8 pm so only ate here a couple of times but food was lovely and reasonably priced, especially the cooked breakfast. I also tried the new takeaway system. This was ideal for me as I preferred to eat in my room.
The price of the room includes a continental breakfast. I did read that someone was not impressed with the choice as there is only toast cereal juices and tea and coffee on offer. My response to that would be that many motels are charging way more per night without this breakfast so I can’t see how you can complain! For $10 you can also get a fantastic huge cooked breakfast if you wish. Again this is excellent value and even adding the $10 and eating every morning would still be cheaper than some motels offering no breakfast at all.
So now to the negatives of my stay. I was there for 3 weeks and had I known my stay would be so lengthy I would have asked for a room away from the front as there was quite a lot of road noise especially as there is a petrol station across the road. However this did not ruin my stay. I also found it strange there were no drawers in the room but maybe this is just an Australian thing!
Good luck to Greg and family and team. It seems like they are steadily improving the motel since taking it over and are doing a brilliant job!

Stayed: May 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicetracey53
Banjopaterson, Owner at Banjo Paterson Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Hi Tracey,
Thank you so much for your review. We are glad you and your daughter got home safely and hope she is on the mend. We also are appreciative of the imput regarding draws in the room. As you mentioned, we are improving the motel as fast as we can and our plans for the future do include updating the built in furniture and we are looking at draws, cupboards and other storage for guests belongings.which is adequate at the moment but feel could be improved greatly.
We hope one day you can return to Australia for a real holiday and we can again make you welcome and comfortable.
Regards Greg, Adrian and Annette.

Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

We were looking for value for money as it was a fleeting trip. The staff here are very accommodating and friendly. Room was spotless and spacious. Bed was good and pillows comfy. It’s a short walk to restaurants and grocery store.
Complimentary breakfast was a nice add considering the price of the room. I offered to pay for my bottled water. That too was complimentary. They certainly go the extra mile to make your stay enjoyable.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

We have stayed a few times before & each time we come it just gets better ! A few new touches like the soap dispensers in shower & near basin ! Restaurant now do breaky which was lovely & soon to open for dinner ! Bed very comfy , spacious rooms & pet friendly which won us ! Greg & the team are great nothing is a hassle ! Will be our choice to stay when in Townsville !

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 March 2018

This is a really nice inexpensive motel. Adrian and Greg were super helpful and very friendly. The cooked breakfast was great. The room was comfortable and the bed lovely. Only thing that stopped me giving it 5 stars was the lack of power points. There were no spare outlets in the living space at all. The only spare was in the bathroom. My wife uses a sleep apnea machine and we had to run a lead to the bathroom. Fortunately we had the lead and a multiplug power board to charge our phones as well. Other than that we enjoyed a very pleasant stay and will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple