Reviews (1 354)
1 354 results
All reviews tennis courts a mountain view room family room seafood buffet pleasant walk minute walk an upgrade swim up bar room was large reception staff centre of town nice pool the great barrier reef esplanade gym playground australia
78 - 83 of 1 354 reviews
Reviewed 15 June 2018

This is the first time I have stayed at Rydges in cairns where I have been to dozens of times for work. They had a good deal over the weekend of iron man race in cairns which my brother was competeing in. As I was there for work anyway,
I added a couple of extra days accomodation to watch him race. Unfortunately the night before the race my brother became quite ill and I had to call down to reception early in the morning who called an ambulance. They arrived and he was taken to hospital. When I returned from hospital the manager called to see how I was and to see if there was anything they could do to help. I received another 2 calls checking on our well-being over the next 24 hours which was very much appreciated. After a couple of days I realised I would need to extend my stay until he was released from hospital. The manager was incredibly supportive and arranged another 2 nights accomodation at a great rate and kept the room on hold so that we didn’t have to move. This was all done with genuine concern and compassion. The bar downstairs and food was wonderful as was the housekeeping service who were friendly and accommodating. I think I’ll make Rydges my regular place to stay from now on. It is also only 1 block from the fantastic Cairns hospital so easy to walk back and forth. Thank you Rydges.

Room Tip: Beautiful views of Cairns waterfront esplanade on one side. Corner suite is quieter.
Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Frances L
andrew W, General Manager at Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2018

Dear Frances L,

Thank you for your feedback following on from your recent stay with us.
I do hope your brother has now fully recovered. I will share your comments with the team here whom I know will be pleased to learn that their actions were appreciated during this difficult time.
We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Cairns.

Reviewed 14 June 2018 via mobile

This hotel offers great friendly service at all hours.
The food here is second to none aswell. Parking is very easy and no extra cost , very accessible. Positioned close to the city center and right across the road from the parks and beach , also a convenient short taxi ride to/from the airport.
The best I have stayed at for the money in the area.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
andrew W, General Manager at Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2018

Dear Gazzazaz,

Thank you for you comments. It was pleasing to read that you felt your stay met expectations and was of good value for the money.
We hope for an opportunity to welcome you back on your next visit and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I stayed in executive rooms with sea view. it's average hotel. Bath is old and not very clean. views were amazing. breakfast is average. customer service is average. location is great.
carpet in common areas have stain everywhere. key doesn't work in the gym most of the times.
I would give it a 3 star rating.

Stayed: June 2018
1  Thank Hariom S

Dear Hariom S,

Thank you for your feedback and for giving us the opportunity to review were we can improve on the overall guest experience.
I do hope that you enjoyed your overall time spent in Cairns and thank you again for choosing to stay with us.

Reviewed 8 June 2018

Poor communication. Very average breakfast at the buffet and wi-fi? OMG how slow is it! Back to dial up speed. Was booked in for a conference and wouldn’t elect to stay if on holidays. Am now at the Sangri-la and wow, how good is their wi-fi and service!

Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Peter S
andrew W, General Manager at Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2018

Dear Peter S,

Thank you for your feedback and my apologies for where we fell short of expectation.
We have recently installed additional wifi boosters throughout the hotel and increased our band width. I will take this opportunity to follow up with our service provider as given these recent improvements your comments are of concern.
We have also recently introduced a "live cooking" station to our breakfast buffet, omelettes and eggs are now cooked to order. We continue to trial various other menu options and are very much focussed on remaining on trend with our breakfast experience.
I trust that you conference in Cairns was a success and thank you again for bringing these matters to my attention.

Andrew Wallis,

Reviewed 7 June 2018

We had a beautiful sea facing room on the 10th floor. The room was spacious with 2 double beds and an attached balcony. The hotel staff was extremely helpful and cordial. The hotel also has a laundry facility where hotel guests can hire the washing machine and dryer. Only a couple of areas of dissatisfaction, one being that the hotel didn't have much choice on vegetarian food. So even though we were tired we had to step out to grab a bite and couldn't eat in the hotel itself. And the second, was that the Wifi wasn't great. My son would always be sitting near the room door, to catch Wifi signal. Apart from these points, its an excellent place to stay. Good restaurants and the night markets are just a 12-15 mins walk away, so no problem in finding variety of food options. Overall, it was a wonderful stay at the Rydges. This was the second Rydges property we stayed at during our vacation in Australia (the first being Rydges Melbourne) and both hotels didn't disappoint.
Will definitely recommend the Rydges Esplanade Resort Cairns!!!

• Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family

Dear ZaBheda,

Thank you for your feedback and for your suggestions as to where we can improve on the overall guest experience.
We welcome such comments and I will certainly share these with the wider team.
I trust that you enjoyed your time spent visiting Cairns and all the best with the rest of your vacation in Australia.