All reviews no lift a ground floor room bbq area laundry room minute walk stayed here for nights would stay again close to town nice pool family room easy walking distance small balcony free wifi reception area pleasant stay short stay enjoyed my stay
Reviewed 12 May 2018 via mobile

The housekeeping is a joke and staff don't take security seriously and cleanliness is hopeless.

We returned to the room every day to find issues. Day 1 I mistakenly left my used towel in the shower instead of putting it in the linen basket that I hadn't seen, it was replaced but not taken away. Day 2 came back to find none of the floors had been cleaned despite the obvious sand and dirt, the toilet had similar issues. Day 3 the bin wasn't emptied and the sheet on the bed was tucked in without first being pulled straight at all - the floors and toilet still had not been cleaned. The housekeeping staff member that came and emptied the bin after we complained said "all we do for continuing customers is make the bed, change towels and empty the bins" - well they can't even get that right.

Day 4 - the housekeeping supervisor was apparently tasked with cleaning the room. Result, the floors are clean, the toilet had finally been cleaned, the bin is empty...but the screen door was left unlocked and by stuffing a pillow behind our suitcase for no apparent reason, it was pushed of the chairs it was balanced on because the hotel doesn't own a suitcase holder thing at all, resulting in the content spilling onto the floor!

I wouldn't recommend staying here - I would give them a 2 star rating at most, I actually thought a hotel had to have a restaurant to get 4 stars and whilst there is breakfast available, there are no other meals. Makes me wonder how long the crumbs on the breakfast tables had been there when I saw them at 4pm today?

Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kendrickau
Craig B, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2018

Dear Kendrickau,
Thank you for taking time to submit such a detailed review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that we did not meet with your expectations. Had we been notified sooner than day 3 of your concerns, we could have ensured your stay was more comfortable or assisted you in finding alternative accommodation. I was in Reception when you checked out and you refused to discuss any of these matters with me, instead taking to abusing and threatening the multicultural members of my team throughout your stay.
Regards,

Reviewed 30 April 2018

We stayed here for one night and it had everything we needed - a large twin room with a decent bathroom and a good breakfast. The staff were helpful in directing us to local restaurants and it is quite centrally located.
The gardens and pool looked good, if a bit small, though we didn't have the chance to use them.
I don't know if this is a family run hotel but it had that feel to it. I would stay here again.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Craig B, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2018

Dear traveller55,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review. We are a privately owned and managed Inn with 15 staff on our team that all offer friendly, caring and personalised service to our guests. We welcome guests from around the world and and they quickly become like family and friends. Thank you again and I hope to be able to welcome you back to Cairns and the Coral Tree Inn one day soon.

Reviewed 22 April 2018

On arrival staff are cheery and helpful, gardens and pool area very tropical and nice, breakfast was very nice as well, from there it all went down hill, the room old and tired, the louvres missing from the split system aircon, so the air could not be directed away from directly on the bed, and as I was getting a cold the last thing I needed was cold air con blowing on me, I did have a fan, but it was circulating warm air, so a bit uncomfortable. When I booked I asked for extra pillows, as I have a back problem,on arrival into the room, no extra pillows, I left a note for housekeeping, asking for 2 extra pillows, I got 1.
The free Wifi was just a joke, and something to pad the advertising, I was there 3 days,and must have logged in 100 times, as it just keeps dropping out, then when you do connect the signal is so poor it will not down load the site.
To watch channel 10 on the tv was just horrendous, it was so pixelated.
I think my room was mixed up and should have been one of their hostel rooms, but actually on thinking this through, in my younger days I stayed in better hostels.
Over all very poor, tired room

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
Craig B, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2018

Dear Margot R,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us. I am saddened to read we fell short of your expectations and I would like to personally apologise. We are currently in the process of replacing all room furniture, soft furnishings and freshening up the hotel. I have passed your comments on to our department supervisors for immediate follow up. If you'd like to discuss your review with me further, please contact me at craig@coraltreeinn.com.au. I do hope you enjoyed your time in Cairns.

Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

All front desk staffs are friendly and helpful. Room is a bit small but ok. Housekeeping has done a great job to refresh my room. Good location which near to the beach and Cairns Aquarium. Safe and quiet.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends
Craig B, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 22 April 2018

Dear May H,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am so pleased to read you found our Front Desk team helpful and friendly. They take a lot of pride in providing personalised, friendly service and strive to make you feel at home here at the Inn. I'll be sure to share your comments with the housekeeping team, they work hard to ensure our guests feel comfortable. I love the pictures that you have also submitted with your review, our courtyard and pool offer a welcoming oasis at the end of a busy day exploring our region. Thank you again and we hope to welcome you back one day soon.

Reviewed 8 April 2018

After reading the other reviews I knew it wasn’t going to be a plush hotel, but well I am speechless.
The only good comment I can give is the reception staff were friendly.
We only stayed for one night and only spent about 5 hours sleeping there.
The shower had hair in the base that proved it wasn’t cleaned properly.
The bedroom was that old and basic it was falling apart. Wires hanging out of the phone and rust around air conditioning unit.
There is no lift so if you have plenty of luggage as we did be prepared to lug it up the flights of steps.
No doubt the worst place I have ever stayed, the hostel next door looked in better shape.

Room Tip: Stay away from this place
Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Craig B, Manager at Coral Tree Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 12 April 2018

Dear Gl0beTr0tter1965,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay with us. I am sorry to read that we did not meet your expectations. Please contact me at craig@coraltreeinn.com.au if you'd like to discuss your stay in further detail.