Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$179
US$151
  • Restaurant
Mantra Esplanade Cairns(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$241
US$206
Free cancellation until 28/07
US$363
US$200
  • Pool
Holiday Inn Cairns Harbourside(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$143
US$127
US$295
US$185
  • Pool
Ingenia Holidays Cairns Coconut(Cairns)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$137
US$125
Trip.com
  • Pool
Travellers Oasis Backpackers(Cairns)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 26/07
US$53
Reviews (2 478)
2 478 results
1 105
1 105
All reviewsthe executive loungespa roomtrinity inletthe great barrier reefwater viewbuffet breakfasttour deskan upgradeport douglasreef terminalfantastic locationmondogemmabalconyesplanadecasinoconcierge
21 - 26 of 2 478 reviews
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

There are 2 parts to this review.

When your credit card and hotel loyalty collide, this Hilton stinks. Yes I used my cc points instead of my Hilton points, the front desk refused to add my number even though I knew I wasn’t getting credit for the stay I still wanted my Hilton amenities. After arguing with front desk staff about my stay they, they let me check in 2 hours early, gave me internet access and a chocolate bar. Thanks, I guess.

Ok, the real problem though was the room. This hotel needs a makeover and the staff need some cleaning skills training from the left over notes, hairs on the sink and night-table to the rough looking bed and furniture. The ultimate insult was the thing growing in the closet that clearly nobody has looked in for sometime.

Stay away from this Hilton property overall for personal hygiene alone.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Tom N
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Hilton Cairns is in a superb location- best in Cairns. Close to the marina, great restaurants at your door step. Easy access too reef experience and prawn star. Staff overall are fine although some long waits at reception. Hotel room needs some TLC- the bathroom had some paint chips and looked worn with the overall room needing a refresh.

The king bed- two singles placed together made for an uncomfortable sleep. Room acoustics are poor- with sounds of rubbish collection, other room noises and general disturbances throughout the night.

Paid parking on top of an already pricey nightly rate for $10 every time you exit into a very tight car park or $20 a day for valet to park your car in that nightmare instead.

Overall I would recommend this hotel but there are some basic ticket items that need some care and a park your car yourself charge removed.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
GM_HI_Cairns, General Manager at Hilton Cairns, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Jessica H,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us based on your recent stay at Hilton Cairns.

I am so pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay and found the location to be ideal. As we are centrally located it is only a short walk to many quality restaurants, cafes and shops making Hilton Cairns a great place to base yourself while in Cairns. Your positive comments and constructive comments are greatly appreciated and I hope to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Great convenient location. Very helpful staff. As a hearing impaired person at first I couldn't access closed captions on the hotel's tv monitors .After contacting the General Manager ,he organised for a television with a teletext feature for our room.

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear glennmartin66,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback via Tripadvisor.

I am so glad that you had an enjoyable stay and I thank you for contacting me directly in order to resolve the issue with your TV captions. I am pleased that there was a positive outcome for you. We strive to provide our guests with a high level of service and so your comments are greatly appreciated.

I hope to welcome you back to Hilton Cairns in the future.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

I have stayed in Cairns a few times, this was the first at the Hilton. I will definitely choose to stay here again. The location is excellent - close to town and to the convention centre. The room was excellent, the view lovely. I did enjoy watching the bats fly past in the evening - very special!

• Stayed: June 2018, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Cath1001,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience based on your recent stay at Hilton Cairns.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your first stay and we hope that it won't be the last! We regularly receive comments from our guests about the nightly display of flying foxes as it is quite a sight to see and one that is unique to Cairns. Being situated right on the waterfront and in the heart of Cairns we are within short walking distance to most venues, restaurants and shops.

Thank you again for your positive comments and I hope to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

Just checked in. Awesome room with amazing view of the water. Room is a good size and has everything we need. Valet parking is efficient. Close to everything especially the boardwalk where alot of restaurants and seafood at the marina is!

Well worth the money. Great place to relax.

Room Tip: Get a room with water views! Very relaxing.
  • Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple

Dear tincoll,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us via Tripadvisor.

I am so pleased that you had such a wonderful stay. Our luxurious rooms are comfortable with plenty of room and of course offering some spectacular views over Trinity Inlet. I'm glad that you enjoyed the rooms and as you mentioned we are centrally located which means that everything is just a short walk away, shops, cafes and of course the many quality restaurants along the boardwalk.

Thank you again for your positive feedback and I hope to welcome you back again soon.