“Would return again - but with a few suggestions”

Red Lotus Vietnamese Annerley
Ranked #911 of 5 011 Restaurants in Brisbane
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Went to Red Lotus last night. Overall, the ambience and food was very good...they were a little understaffed, so service wasn't 100%.

Pros
- Very nice menu, and great selection of food
- Most of the food we had was awesome. The only exception was the sticky pork ribs that were quite dry
- Very nice ambience
- It did have some different foods where you don't see on most Vietnamese restaurants.`

Cons
- Probably a tad expensive for what it is. Eg. I paid $30 for a curry.
- If you want dessert, you need to pay, leave the restaurant, and walk next door to there other "Dessert" resaurant...they will need to fix this or start losing business.
- Not 100% sure, but I don';t think they offered coffee either.

Even with the abive Cons, I would like to return and explore some more of their menu. I think with the awesome food, some of these can be overlooked...for now.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We hadn't been back there for some time and it is always busy. The food is fantastic and it has a huge menu with something for everyone and every taste. You can have your dishes as hot or as mild as you like, which works well with a group.The food is consistently good and we were not disappointed on this visit.you can eat inside or outside. If you want to BYO you must sit outside and for inside they have a good wine and drinks list .

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

I eat here whenever I’m in Brisbane (ideally more than once if I can) - the food is to die for and it is cheap and fun and friendly.

Some of the other reviewers have talked about the service - I’ve never had a bad experience and have been maybe six or seven times. I’ve always found them really friendly and professional. That said - this is a cheap Vietnamese restaurant and I can’t help but feel that if people expect Michelin star service then they should go to Michelin restaurants. You generally get what you pay for.

Honestly I can’t rate this place enough - I live in London and would kill to have Viet food this good easily available. Special mentions to the barramundi and the salt and pepper squid. And the pho of course! Yum!!!

1  Thank Amy T
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a very lovely dinner eating pho at red lotus few nights ago. The place is nice and pleasant. The food was great too and the staff friendly. The menu is hilarious!! It takes at least 15 minutes to read it all because is well presented and every dish has its own story written. Nice touch!
So I have to say that the overall experience was positive but for one detail.
I really dislike coriander to the point that it makes me feel sick if I even smell it and worst if I eat it. So when we ordered our phos we requested twice to make sure there was no coriander in them. The phos came with coriander...and it’s fine, people can make mistakes. So we send them back specifying that we requested no coriander and also saying this time that I was allergic, to make sure they took it seriously . They came back few minutes later with still coriander in it...this time very fine and mixed in. I ate it being careful to remove every bit of green I found in it.
So the end of the story is that if I had been allergic for real that night would have gone much worse!
I love the place but seriously, the attention for the customers’ requests I think is important.

Anyway, go and get some pho!!! It still was fantastic. It took me literally an hour to eat, having to remove the evil grass!!! but worth it!

Reviewed 13 February 2018

a group of us recently ate at the red lotus, we hadn't seen each other collectively for a while and thought lets try this place. it was delicious. the service was good, the waiter we had was very fast, attentive and friendly.

All of us were very content with the dishes we chose, extremely delicious vietnamese food, I'm pretty sure we will all return in the near future.