Review Highlights

Reviewed 1 April 2020
drlpp3366
Pittsburgh, PA
Mixed Feelings

We had booked the shuttle for arrival at the Domestic Terminal and return to the International... read more

Reviewed 26 March 2020
David Roy P
Batemans Bay, Australia

Recommended experiences in and around Sydney
from US$12,95
from US$47,94
from US$190,13
from US$44,94
More Info
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 May 2020

What kind of scum takes advantage of customers during this time of Covid19? Redy2Go that's who.
We were supposed to be flying on to Bali but had a phone call off our UK travel agent to say we would have to return directly to Manchester
On the morning of Saturday 21st March I phoned their office on 1300 246 669 to book an airport transfer from The Ultimo, 37 Sydney. I explained that the transfer had been paid in advance by our travel agent, Mainstreet Travel Group.
When I told them that it was for a 6am flight and that we needed picking up at 2.30am your receptionist advised that you did not operate 24 hours but you could organize a private taxi. I asked what about the money already paid by the travel agent, she said that it could be set against the private hire and she quoted a further A$36.
She then advised that the airport didn't open until at 4am, I then adjusted the pick up time to 3am. The receptionist then up'd the quote to A$44.10c (Why?)
Anyway, we accepted and asked that we pay the driver, by card, and that the driver give us a receipt so that we could claim the balance off our travel agent.
A short while later we received a message that the driver didn't have a card facility and that the transfer would have to be paid for in advance with yourselves.
This we did, over the phone, from the Ultimo.
We were collected on time but did not receive a receipt,
On returning home and checking our account we find that they have deducted £50.68p, this is more than twice the amount we agreed on. At that mornings exchange rate that equates to just under A$100 which is Aus$56 more than quoted. After 2 phone calls and numerous emails I have decided to take action and have handed the whole thing over to our travel agent. I hope they have Redy2Go blacklisted by all UK travel agents. I will also be reporting them to VISA for card fraud and Sydney airport authorities plus all major airlines that fly into Sydney. Use them at your peril.

3  Thank DavePen49
Reviewed 13 April 2020

We intended to use a taxi to take us from Sydney Airport to our hotel at Circular Quay. However we heard a voice spruiking Ready2Go: "Cheaper than a taxi and only a bit more than the train. We take you to from door to door!"

On enquiring, I was told the cost would be $23 per person. Sounded good to me. Then I was told for an extra $10 per person we'd get the return transfer. We were later going to stay in a different hotel for a few days. No problem. We would be collected at that hotel on a specific day at a nominated time for a total of $ 33 per person, return.

The shared van with approximately 12 persons inside dropped us off at the first hotel. The driver was helpful and efficient.

The day before we were due to leave the second hotel in George Street, a staff member of Ready2Go phoned to check the details with us. By now COVID -19 was wreaking havoc, so we were very relieved the transfer would take place. On the actual day, another call was received to confirm time and place.

We stood waiting for the colourful van to arrive. Instead, a sleek black limousine pulled into the driveway. The driver approached us and told us he was to drive us to the airport.

What a fantastic service! It seems no other people wanted a transfer at that time. Instead of letting us down, Ready2Go chose to send us one of their luxury vehicles.
There being almost no traffic on the road we were at the terminal in no time.

We thoroughly recommend Ready2Go.

2  Thank nocatnow
Getaway17844544887, Director of Sales at Redy2Go Airport Shuttle, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2020

Thank you so much for the wonderful review which we feel is our normal standard so are pleased that you enjoyed. One of the benefits of having both a shared ride and limousine service is our ability to react to demand and change the service to benefit both you the customer and ourselves. We look forward to being of service again when this madness ends!!

Reviewed 7 April 2020

We live in the USA and were trying to find an inexpensive way to get to our Sydney Hotel from the airport. We read the reviews about Redy2Go and many were not good; however, we took a chance and pre-booked a round-trip. The trip from SYD to our hotel was fine (although we did have to wait for the shuttle a little longer than we had hoped). The shuttle was full (it made multiple stops at the airport to pick people up) but fortunately, we were the 1st hotel stop to get off.

When it came for our return trip to the airport, the shuttle NEVER SHOWED UP! We had been given a slip at the airport by the Redy2Go agent and were told to give this to the driver on our trip back. It had all the correct info on it including what time we were to be picked up at the hotel. Our hotel was nice enough to call Redy2Go for us after we had waited 15 minutes past our pick-up time. She was on hold for 10 minutes & then disconnected. She called back and was ultimately told that the shuttle was "stuck in traffic and had to bypass our hotel". WHAT???? The hotel ended up calling us a taxi.

When we got to the airport, we went back to where the Redy2Go desk was and told the agent that we were extremely upset that we were never picked up and that we wanted a refund. The agent called someone who verified we were not picked up. All she said was "sorry" and gave us instructions on how to request a refund. At least the good news is that we did end up getting a refund for the return trip.

Date of experience: February 2020
Reviewed 6 April 2020

My mother, 4 year old son and I traveled to Australia for the first time and Sydney was our last stop. I was relying on using Uber to take us to our hotel. However, I was unable to use Uber and luckily got information for the shuttle. We arranged for a hotel drop off and pick up on our departure day. It was convenient, a little pricey, and althought we had to wait while for the shuttle (when leaving the airport)...overall we safely got to and from our destinations.

Date of experience: May 2019
2  Thank Rhi21
Reviewed 1 April 2020

Booked 2 shuttle reservations online. Flights and cruise were cancelled. Discovered NO REFUND policy, given situation and ample time was given by me to notify them, I was hoping they would allow refund. Guess not!! Just be aware there is a NO REFUND policy for any reason.