“Pleasant food and service”

Georges Mediterranean King St Wharf
Ranked #525 of 6 629 Restaurants in Sydney
Price range: US$0 - US$36
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Georges Mediterranean Bar & Grill on King Street Wharf is Sydney's ultimate waterfront dining venue with views over Darling Harbour,offering delicious Greek Mediterranean cuisine.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went to this restaurant on a cold, raining night and there weren’t that many people in a rather large space. But because we were busy doing catch up, the lack of atmosphere didn’t really matter. The staff were pleasant and accommodating and I enjoyed both my honey filou feta and my souvlaki.

Reviewed 23 May 2018

I went here with my son for the Mother's Day set lunch and was favourably impressed. The service was excellent, very personalised and friendly- while the bottle of Western Australian white wine that we ordered, the dips, the Mezze collection plate and the mains were all good. I know that my son had enjoyed the lamb he ordered while I found the beef steak to be succulent. All in all, given the views and the vibe, it was a very special meal in a comfy chaired front table. Meanwhile the sun actually dared to emerge and warm everything up after a dismal start to the day earlier.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Went here as a group if 8. We chose from the banquet menu and were surprised with the amount of food.

Everyone loved the meal and everything was reasonably priced.

Will definitely visit again when we are back in the city.

Reviewed 13 May 2018

Had a booking for Mother's Day and we chose the two courses off the Mother's Day special lunch menu. This was preceeded by the advertised dips and the usual pita bread however, the dips turned out to be one dip which was tasteless, I'm guessing it was some kind of bean dip from a can?

For the entree we all decided on the Mez collection which consisted of deep fried calamari, king prawns in a tomato sauce and a halloumi cheese dish. These were of very modest portions and certainly nothing to write home about. For mains, between the five adults who were there, we chose the lamb and the snapper fillets. I believe the lamb was quite tasty however, I thought the fish wasn't all that fresh and it was over cooked. In summary, the service was quite good and the staff friendly but the $400 I parted with was well and truly above and beyond what I'd call value for money.

Like most restaurants in that precinct they're there to take the tourist dollars while they sit and enjoy the view. I certainly wouldn't recommend this restaurant to anyone who's looking for quality Greek food.

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We visited Georges for a networking function in May 2018, I was an attendee and not an organiser, but was very impressed with the service and the venue. Evening stand-up canapé function that was very well run. We had about 80 people in total and were provided with our own area to mingle. Drinks were available easily with rotating service or easily accessible at the bar. Food was well presented and plentiful and a really great variety (no one left hungry). The venue was clean, comfortable and relaxed with well maintained clean facilities and a fresh atmosphere. Staff were very friendly and knowledgeable. No negatives what-so-ever. If you are looking for a relaxed yet functional networking venue do yourself a favour and look towards Georges.