“Nice Breakfast”
Review of John Montagu

John Montagu
Ranked #595 of 6 664 Restaurants in Sydney
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Has recently been refurbished so they only had a small menu but it was fine for us. Liked the open kitchen so we could watch our breakfasts being prepared. Water provided when you sit down. Pleasant service.

Reviewed 5 February 2018

Love this place - read about it on Broadsheet Sydney. I've been for breakfast and lunch, both times the food and coffee were delightful. Their portions were so generous, I had the mushroom and avo on sourdough which had rocket piled on top of it (I can't remember what they call it) with some killer balsamic glaze. My friends had the soup special (it was winter) which was enormous, warming and tasty. For lunch they have a great range of sandwiches, which were also super filling - I'd recommend their 12 hour slow cooked beef cheek sandwich with the carmelised onion (no regrets). Their iced latte was great as well. Their staff are always friendly and warm. It's mostly inside seating with a few two seaters outside on the sidewalk. To get there is a bit of a walk - I usually walk from Town Hall, past Hyde Park and St Mary's Cathedral (nice stroll to make room for the food) but I'd be happy to walk for these guys any day.

Reviewed 27 December 2017

Excellent neighbourhood cafe in the heart of Woolloomooloo. Some of the best coffee around. The house-cured salmon dishes are especially good - try the salmon on toast with a truffled coddled egg, or order the salmon as a side. Consistently friendly service and longer opening hours than many cafes so good for a late breakfast.

Reviewed 11 December 2017 via mobile

We went for breakfast here based on it's close proximity to where we were staying. I had the wagyu and mushrooms on toast and it was one of the best breakfasts I have ever had. I still think about it regularly. I wish I lived closer so I could go there all the time. Great value and nice decor. Couldn't recommend it enough.

Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Had breakfast here with my son this morning. Excellent coffee and the sausage and egg bun was just terrific. Lovely staff and fun environment