“Good experience ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Description: Tetsuya's serves a ten course degustation menu. The degustation is unique, based on the Japanese philosophy of using natural seasonal flavours, enhanced by classic French technique and utilising the freshest possible ingredients. Tetsuya designed his own on-site "test kitchen" within the restaurant to enable him to create the constantly evolving and inspiring dishes on which he has built his esteemed international reputation. Tetsuya's offers one of Sydney's most comprehensive wine lists and our sommeliers will, upon request, match the dishes with wine available by the glass.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Good food, great service and good ambience for a romantic dinner. The course were evenly spread out and we love the large amount of choices we had to choose from.

Write a ReviewReviews (1 230)

7 - 11 of 1 230 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Food is quite pricey but it was great, service was great as well, nice place to go for a special occasion

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Expected more from the ambience of the place and it would’ve been nice to have the blinds up to actually see the bonsai garden whilst having dinner. Service was good but a bit pretentious. The sommelier was fantastic and helped us find something to our taste rather than try to persuade us otherwise. The dishes were like pieces of art, each unique and delicious in its own way, something quite hard to describe in words you really just have to taste it for yourself. We went for my birthday and they were lovely in bringing out a special dessert to wish me. Definitely expensive and given there is so much competition in dining these days, it’s a bit hard to justify the cost, but nevertheless a one time experience for me that I thoroughly enjoyed!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It was my first visit in this restaurant.The food was very good.We had very good service.Nice service.

1  Thank alexbieber
Reviewed 14 June 2018

I held my 30th birthday here and it did not disappoint. It's a restaurant I had wanted to try for ages, and this was a special occasion. The degustation menu is seafood heavy and one of my friends does not like seafood, but they gave him the vegeatarian option which was just as tasty. It's hard to give a review on the food as the menu is constantly changing, but I notice the salmon is a staple and this was absolutely beautiful. I confess I didn't think much of it when it arrived... looked unseasoned and overcooked but I was so wrong! It was divine and absolutely melted in the mouth. There were two meat dishes (duck and beef) along with the seafood mains. They were okay but wouldn't order if given the chance. The seafood dishes were the real stars. Two dessert dishes afterwards that wrapped up a perfectly good meal. We ordered a red wine that was recommended by the sommelier but none of us were huge fans.

The service could not be faulted. From the moment we entered to the moment we left, we felt well looked after.

1  Thank Kat P