“Nice”

Cuisines: American
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Neighbourhood: Central Business District
Reviewed 2 April 2018

$1 hot dogs and $5 wine & beer. Had 5 dogs and 5 drinks for $30! Amazing value. Nice vibe, very dark and had a singer and guitarist on. Worth a visit.

Rhiannon M, Front Office Manager at The Soda Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2018

Hey,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us a review. Glad to hear you loved our Dollar Dogs night! Would love to have you back some time soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2018 via mobile

I came back because I liked the live band. Brought a group of 6 this time only to have one person be singled out because he was wearing shorts. In Sydney. At 30°c.
Makes zero sense and is not the type of place where you'd expect to be wearing a tux to get in. Specially when even the staff wear shorts! Didn't see this happening to girls though.
Absolutely agree that the security staff are bullies. Absolutely not worth even getting in or coming back at all. So disappointed.

Rhiannon M, Front Office Manager at The Soda Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2018

Hey Natalia,

I'm sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with us. Earlier in the week we do relax our dress code but on weekends it's always smart casual and at the discretion of the door host. I will pass on your feedback about the security to management but please do email hello@sodafactory.com.au if you would like to discuss the incident further.

Thanks,
Rhiannon

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

This joint has cornered the market for southern states blues and roots vibe in Surry Hills with the decor, the food, the vibe... Yet they have two early 20 somethings playing Adele who’ve never heard of John Lee Hooker... Bring some more authentic live music and it could be great.

1  Thank Sammorrow85

Hey Sam

Thanks for taking the time to write a review, we love all types of music at Soda Factory and have theme nights often! Make sure you get down to our Soda Got Soul night on Wednesdays!

Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Went here for the burgers that I had heard such good things about. I had the chicken one which was much more spicier than I expected but still tasty! The cocktails were nice but it was a little pricy as other reviewers have said. The music was random as it went from Motown to 90s RnB to modern then back to the 60s which was strange. I didn’t feel like the music matched the decor of the place but the tunes were all good and we danced away.

Rhiannon M, Front Office Manager at The Soda Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2018

Hey Liz, thanks for taking the time to write this review. So glad to hear you loved the chicken burger, it's one of our favourites! You're right that we do mash-up the best of the 60's to now but we're glad you ended up having a good time on the dance-floor. Hope to have you back soon!

Reviewed 30 November 2017 via mobile

Booked a table for 14 via the phone ages ago. Girl I spoke to said the booth she booked for us would be big enough and no need to book a second one. Not the case, booths hold at best 7 people. On the night "Sam" told me I had needed to check the website which he says says they do not cater for large groups. Definitely not what I was told when I called to book. We all had to wait ridiculously long times to get served drinks with only one girl serving one side of the bar. Food is average with only hot dogs and hamburgers, used to be so much more on the menu including ribs, but no more, something going on here and it's not good. Went for advertised Motown music night but the music was anything but...won't be back as they seriously need to lift their game in so many ways, but especially about customer service.

Rhiannon M, Front Office Manager at The Soda Factory, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2017

Hi Ethel, we're sorry to hear you didn't have the best experience at our Motown night! We do say our areas are a mix of both seating and standing but we do cater to larger groups throughout the whole week. I will pass your food and music feedback onto the team for further discussion!

Thanks