See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 August 2017 via mobile

I would never stay here again. Put up with it for 3 nights as I had already paid it but was very close to moving. Dirty, smelly, shower is horrible, locker space so small. Floor is soaking outside the shower and toilet. Really small.
Unless u r looking for extremely cheap don't stay here

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank G5WMA
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

The guy on the front dear with dark hair was soooo rude !!! I'm all for cheap places and just putting up with things because it's cheap and I get that! But everything stunk Iv never felt so uncomfortable and for the first time I had already payed for my two nights and I just left and booked somewhere else. It wasn't even worth asking for my money back.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank ChrisK6436
Reviewed 2 May 2017

So when you read all the reviews on here you think you're going to enter the armpit of the earth
BUT, you really are getting what you pay for. The building isn't the best but its certainly not the worst. It truly is the crowd that's there while you are that makes the hostel messy if it happens to be while you're there.
Staff were friendly, check in and out was easy, card access was great.
Only downside I found was the lack of social activity but i did stay on a Monday and Tuesday. Felt a bit isolating when no one talks to each other.
Plus side- Paid for a 10 bed room and got upgraded to a 4 bed by chance. Wifi was limited and slow at times.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Reeve H
Reviewed 28 March 2017

This Hostel is a disgrace for Australian standards. It is smelly, pillow cases unclean, private rooms small and hot. No evidence of a fire escape from the room we booked. We were promised 3 single beds by "Discover Australia" and found when we got there that they do not have these requirements. We went to the room and Googled another hotel from Expedia. Still having trouble getting any return of our money.

Room tip: Don't choose any room - if ours was an general indication of quality.
Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank deirdrepen
Reviewed 26 March 2017

On walking into the hostel we were told to wait 5 minutes which turned into 15 while they changed shifts, they were just standing there talking. It's not hard to hand over keys and check people in. We also noticed that people bags were just pilled up by the front door so it's not very safe if you want to leave your bags there while you go off.
We stayed in a 3 bed room which smelt horrific, generally dirty with cockroaches, an extension lead hanging from the wall with the air con unit plugged into it. The wifi was bad too.
The first time we went into the kitchen it was fine until we opened a draw and cockroaches ran out.

Obviously we didn't pay a lot for the room approx $90 per night however it's not even the case of you get what you paid for because we didn't pay for cockroaches and dirty accommodation.

Room tip: Just don't stay here
Date of stay: March 2017