See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 May 2018 via mobile

We got a “family room” that was so dirty, it was black mold on the wall and on the curtains. The went didn’t work so good and the noise were so loud 24/7. The kitchen wasn’t suitable for many guests and people had to wait in line for cooking food because all of the stoves didn’t work at all. The kitchen supplies, like plates, fork and knives wasn’t nearly enough and we had to eat one at the time because we couldn’t find enough plates for three people. The staff was hangover in the morning and in a bad mood. There were cockroaches by the food supplies in the kitchen and at two times our food in the fridges wasn’t anywhere to be found for two days.
If you don’t mind all of this and are between 18-25 and like free drinks and partying without any hygiene needs I would say: GO FOR IT!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Tom C, General Manager at Westend Backpackers, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2018

G'Day Liza L,

I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Westend Backpackers. I hope you will give us another shot to impress you next time you're in Sydney!

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Great location for anyone looking to explore the city. Don't expect a hotel, but expect to meet lots of interesting people and enjoy few drinks and party into the night in the city of sydney. Cheers church.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled with friends

G'Day Justin332,

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback regarding your stay with us here at Westend Backpackers. I'm stoked to hear you enjoyed your stay in the 32 Bed Church and we look forward to seeing you next time you're in Sydney!

Reviewed 21 April 2018 via mobile

This hostel is my most terrible experience ever. I have checked in and came in to my room and was shocked. No window, aircon defect, a lot of cockroaches, a broken door to the bathroom and a really dirty bed. i went to the reception and complained about that. they gave me another room but it was the same. Stifling air and they have closed the window so it's not possible to open it. This hostel is horrible, so dirty!!! I have checked out on the same day and accepted that i dont get my money back. But everything is better than this. I really can't recommend this hostel.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo
1  Thank Julia G

G'Day Julia G,

I'm sorry to hear you did not enjoy your stay with us here at Westend Backpackers. I hope you will give us another shot to impress you next time you visit Sydney!

Reviewed 18 April 2018

Booked here for couple nights not expecting much, but left loving my time here, The rooms and facilities are your hostel avg, nothing to special, But this place makes up for it in other ways, great social vibe, staff are super friendly and helpful, it's a party hostel so be prepared to just get drunk and enjoy your time there.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

G'Day Justin S,

We're stoked to hear you had a great time during your stay with us here at Westend Backpackers! We look forward to seeing you next time you're in Sydney!

Reviewed 10 April 2018

Great hostel for the young, Stayed here for two nights, really enjoyed my stay here, helpful staff, Nice big hostel, rooms and bathrooms were fine, right in the heart on sydney so close to everything i needed, Party hostel of a night time so good for meeting new people and having fun.

• Stayed: April 2018, travelled solo

G'Day Sarah B,

Thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback from your stay with us! I'm stoked to hear you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you stay with us next time you're in Sydney!