Reviews (1 421)
1 421 results
All reviews no lift boutique hotel opera house scarlett restaurant great location a ground floor room lovely boutique night manager heritage building small hotel cruise ship lovely room street noise botanical gardens an easy walk george street rocks
76 - 81 of 1 421 reviews
Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

This hotel is in a beautifully renovated heritage building in the heart of the rocks.
Staff are very friendly and knowledgeable. The lobby and bar area of the hotel are so nice. Unfortunately due to the buildings age individual rooms are a bit small and could use an update. Other than that I really enjoyed my stay here.

Date of stay: February 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Lauren J, General Manager at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2018

Dear ttashy,
Thank you so much for your review on trip advisor. We truly appreciate you sharing your recent experience with us. It is a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our friendly staff & heritage building. I will ensure your comments are shared with the team & we hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 29 March 2018

This hotel is magnificent is a renovated building, sure no lift, but you no that in advance.
The Bedroom was small, but joy of the conversion, the decoration it is just wonderful.
Great location close to every thing that matters, its in the Rocks,close to Central Quay, the opera house and the harbour.
The breakfast was superb and freshly cooked. The friendly and helpful staff carried our luggage up and down stairs for us. If l am ever back in Sydney this is the place l will stay.
My one gripe the room safe is located at the bottom of the wardrobe so you had to lie on the floor to use it and it was very small.

Date of stay: March 2018

Dear Jack23800,
Wow! Thank you so much for your review & 5 star rating on trip advisor. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our friendly staff, great location & magnificent building. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team and we can't wait to welcome you back to Harbour Rocks Hotel soon.

Happy Easter!

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

Awesome hotel with very friendly and nice staff. The breakfast is fresh and tasty. It is a bit expensive, but the location at the nurses walk and the venue have its price... I can definitely recommend this Hotel...

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank 973s_renm
Lauren J, General Manager at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Dear Soren M,
Wow! Thank you so much for your review and 5 star rating on trip advisor. It is a pleasure to receive positive feedback about our staff and location. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team and we hope we can welcome you back to Harbour Rocks Hotel soon!

Reviewed 6 March 2018

We stayed at this location last year and had an amazing time, its in The Rocks and close to everything...however..

We stayed in exactly the same class of room as last year and this one was so small that there wasn't room to unpack our cases or get more than one person in the bathroom..., we i mentioned this to the staff all they were interested in doing was selling me an upgraded despite me showing them the size of the room we had the previous year.

Whilst we are a relatively young and fit people there are no lifts to the upper floors which could prove a challenge for less abled people.

I would also say that whilst the breakfasts are great, they are expensive..., just over the road by the market stalls there are cafes that serve as equally good breakfasts but at half the price.

I like the hotel, its quirky and has a nice atmosphere....but i'm not sure i would be in a hurry to return based on the room size and the attitude of the night porter at the hotel which was border line arrogant and very unhelpful ...

Shame, we had such a good stay last time...

Room tip: From experience, the rooms on the ground floor seemed larger than the rooms at the top
Date of stay: November 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Lauren J, General Manager at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Dear agill2407,
Thank you for your review on trip advisor. Please accept our sincere apologies for your recent stay with us. I can assure you this is not the experience we want for our guests. Our staff are truly an asset to our hotel & I am deeply sorry we let you down on this occasion. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team and I hope you will give us another opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

This is a gem of a hotel in the Rocks area and within walking distance to almost everything important in Sydney. On the PLUS side were very friendly staff and a very well equipped and comfortable room with King sized bed and coffee making facility and mini bar ( very important to me ).
You must check that you have a superior room. The only negative is that although there is a luggage lift - there are three flights of stairs to room. Not a problem for us but could be hard for older persons as the staircase is also in a very hot area. will definitely use again if ever in Sydney.

Room tip: look for superior option on their own website
Date of stay: February 2018
1  Thank StarrBgood
Lauren J, General Manager at Harbour Rocks Hotel Sydney - MGallery Collection, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2018

Dear StarrBgood,
Thank you so much for your review on trip advisor. We truly appreciate you sharing your recent experience at Harbour Rocks Hotel. We have to agree with you that our location, staff & comfortable rooms are PLUS. I will ensure your comments are shared with our team & we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.