“Tired old Duck”

Price range: US$11 - US$25
Cuisines: Australian, Contemporary, Gastropub
Good for: Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: The friendliest little gastropub in Sydney. Great food, cozy friendly atmosphere and a lovely little hidden leafy beer garden. We have an extensive wine list, regularly changing craft beers and some fantastic whiskeys
Reviewed 28 June 2018 via mobile

My wife had been here a few times and I had always wanted to try. We were at a show at the Seymour where we were given a voucher for a main plus desert for $70.
Presented it to the manager, who immediately told us it wasn’t valid and hadn’t been for 8 months, however told us that he would honour it but only for the classic menu, a desert of his choice and a glass of wine.

What a mistake it was to accept this. The classic menu was 5 or 6 deep fried options masquerading as burgers. Overcooked, over fried, tasteless and slightly cold.
Desert followed, ( the managers choice) was a cream brûlée, we ate one and sent one back untouched.

This was very much incremental business for the owner and certainly we would not have gone otherwise for the voucher.

My suggestion instead of doing the ‘switch and bait’ on us is to either honour it in full or walk over to the Seymour ( 300 metres away) and remove your vouchers.

Reviewed 17 June 2018

We mer family here for lunch. dog friendly and friendly dogs were there to meet ours. It was good value. I'd go back.

Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Friendly service and great pub food- many duck based dishes. I rspecually liked the duck schnitzel - very tasty as were the sides it came with. Duck san choy bow was good - though mainly salad. Enjoyed the ambience.

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Very popular place, packed with the locals, esp those at the nearby theatre. Wide variety of craft ales. Solid food rather than fine dining.

Reviewed 7 April 2018

I hadn't come in years and was looking forward to another visit to the Duck Inn. Great atmosphere from the moment you walk in, frienldy and chatty staff ready to help you find your match on tap. Good selection of beers, even a corn ale by Willie the Boatman, which I had to try and thoroughly enjoyed. For food, I fell for the Hickory Smoked Brisket, slow cooked and smoked over 12 to 14 hours. Yum! with beer battered fries on the side = a delicious experience, my senses were happy.
The place wasn't busy and offers a range of seating: bar, restaurant, verandah, beer garden; sit on a comfy arm chair, couch, stool, chair... Explore, explore, my friends.