All reviews curtain for privacy capsule hotel no alcohol allowed toilet and shower room each bunk lower bed lockers provided beautiful hostel locker space comfy mattress shared room big luggage power sockets free tea and coffee mixed dorm common areas are goulburn street
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Not that expensive and in my opinion totally worth it!! It was clean and they let you store your bavkpack for free. The rooms are super secure with huge lockers that fit my gianormous backpack.i loooove the bed. So comfy!

Date of stay: April 2018
Reviewed 28 March 2018

Highly recommend The Pod Sydney. It’s in a very central location, common areas are kept very clean, towels and sheets provided are great, It’s got all the facilities that you need and the pod you sleep in is private and mattress was very comfortable!

Room tip: Bring a lock, thongs and head torch.
Date of stay: March 2018
Reviewed 21 March 2018 via mobile

So impressed with the facilities here. Lovely comfy beds with curtain for privacy. Everywhere looks brand new and is scrupulously clean. Bathroom facilities are great, lovely powerful showers. Kitchen is lovely, very well equipped with free tea and coffee. Good location close to the train station and an easy walk to the water. We have already booked again for our return visit to Sydney.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2018

it's not far from the train station, near Thai town, many yummy Thai foods around, new, clean, tidy, super comfy bed and pillow with free 5 star quality towel, also friendly and helpful staff, big luggage room and big common area, even free food shelf for other travelers :D

Room tip: Bring your own adapter
Date of stay: February 2018
Reviewed 5 March 2018 via mobile

I visited for three nights. My first time using hostels therefore this capsule hotel eased me into the hostel life. I booked quite far in advance and through a 3rd party. I emailed the Pod directly and did not receive a reply; however this was not much of a problem but my query I had emailed still needed answering and presented a problem on arrival. My advice would be to phone directly. I did not have a credit card which was to be presented at check-in despite me having paid fully before arriving, the credit card was acting as a deposit which I think is fairly standard practice in the hotel business rather than the hostel business. This presented a problem but the management were flexible and allowed me to leave cash as a deposit.

The capsule hotel was very clean and tidy, it looked very new. It was extremely quiet which was what I wanted having just landed in Oz and allowed me to get used to travelling solo and the hostel way of life. Fridges are big enough in the kitchen and it has two cookers, a microwave, enough utensils and free tea and coffee. The communal area is open plan and quite small. This was not a problem however because hardly anyone congregated in the communal areas.

No alcohol allowed although their website invites you to enjoy and ice cold glass of beer whilst there. This wasn’t a problem for me as I didn’t want to drink therefore I did not bother querying this.

It advertises itself as being on Pitt Street, but I am sure it’s on Goulburn Street! This threw me a bit when initially finding my way to the place for the first time; but I hold judgement because my map reading skills aren’t great.....but I can read street signs.

If you’re looking for peace and quiet in a small, clean environment with easy access to the city and stations then definitely stay. If you’re looking for more of an atmosphere and more going on then maybe look elsewhere.

Date of stay: February 2018