Reviews (1 611)
1 611 results
All reviews rydges lakeside political theme capitol bar and grill barber shop junior suite funky hotel london circuit mini bar new acton lake burley griffin small balcony black mountain room service nespresso machine business trip free movies rooms are comfortable
304 - 309 of 1 611 reviews
Reviewed 2 August 2017

Travelling with my adult son I had booked a twin room for four nights. I did the on-line check-in and for room preferences I again selected 2 beds, as well as preferred location away from the elevator. I was promptly handed keys to my room upon check-in - but then the problems started. First of all the keycard didn't work for access to the car park. Then, when I got to the room the keycard didn't work for that it either - so presumably the keys hadn't actually been cut. I went down to reception and the receptionist redid the keys and then came with me upstairs to the room to check that they keys worked. They did - but then I realised that I had been given a room with only one bed. The receptionist told me to just wait in the room whilst he went downstairs to check what they could do. 15 minutes later he rang up and said they would do up another room for me and it would take 20 minutes and told me to just stay in the room. After 40 minutes of just sitting there - careful not to mess up the room since I wasn't going to stay there- I gave up and went back down to the reception. The keys for my new room were then ready (forgot to tell me?). This room did have 2 beds and I was now running late for my evening appointment after having spent over an hour just waiting to get my room. So I didn't follow up on my other request which was to have a room away from the elevator - this preference had obviously also been completely ignored as the first room I was given was immediately across from the elevator and the new room actually wrapped around the back of the elevator shaft...! So, it seems like room preferences are to be considered as the complete opposite of what you actually want??!
Other than that, I love the quirky décor of the rooms and the breakfast buffet is excellent.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This is by far one of the best hotels we have stayed at. The attitude of the staff (treated us like rotalty), cleanliness of the rooms and the all round service is of high standard. We loved the quirkiness (and cheekiness) of the rooms. QT Hotels is a brand i will consider more regularly now.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
annabelbr0wn, Public Relations Manager at QT Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2017

Hi Suzie,

Wow- we're blushing over here! Thank you for your lovely feedback.

We are absolutely delighted that you felt like royalty during your stay and love the QT quirk!

We look forward to having you back the next time you're in the Capital!

Take care Suzie,

Reviewed 30 July 2017

We loved the quirkiness of the rooms, and especially the art in the foyer/bar.
We were there on a public holiday, so things were very slow in Canberra, and the service at the restaurant and bar, whilst cut down was still attentive and cheerful.
We'll certainly be back!

• Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
annabelbr0wn, Public Relations Manager at QT Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Hi Rick,

What a treat reading your feedback- thank you so much for such a glowing review!

We are delighted you had a brilliant stay with us and enjoyed the QT politico- quirk we are known for!

Fantastic to hear you felt well taken care of in the restaurant and bar- we hope you had a relaxing public holiday weekend and could enjoy what Canberra has to offer.

We look forward to having to back when you're next in town Rick!

Thanks again

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Another stay at the QT, this time for work. I was notified of my upgrade for my three night stay prior to arriving, which is always a nice start. The queen room was clean and well-stocked. I love that you can open the balcony door and get some fresh air. The restaurant and bar had a great vibe, even on Monday-Tuesday night. Free in-house movies keep you entertained. This hotel has never let me down. Nowhere I'd rather stay in Canberra.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Hi Lisa,

Wow- your review just made our day- thank you!

We couldn't be happier that you love staying with us and we are your pick here in Canberra- we love having you too!

Glad to hear we had you sorted for entertainment- from the movies to the bar, there is always something to do.

Nothing like an upgrade too to make a special trip!

Thanks again Lisa, we can't wait to have you back!

Until then, take care

Reviewed 26 July 2017 via mobile

Have stayed at the QT regularly for the past few months and the service is excellent, particularly in the QT bar. Quodos to Kate and Jack for making the experience without a doubt expeptional. Best bar in Canberra.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled on business

Alison, we're blushing- thank you for such a wonderful review!

We love having you and we're delighted you feel well looked after while you're here. Kate and Jack are superstars and we know they love it when you pop by.

Thank you for adding some sparkle to our day and we look forward to returning the favour on your next stay!

Take care Alison!