Reviews (3 554)
3 554 results
1 609
1 609
All reviews accor member central location northbourne avenue car parking buffet breakfast per day king room pleasant stay war memorial national gallery parliament house valet sauna cbd australia exhibition floriade
477 - 482 of 3 554 reviews
Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

The room was ok, cleanish and decent sized and well lit BUT everything else was crap. I recently came back from 3 star hotels in rural china that were better than this. Will never come back.

We checked in at 4:30pm, well after check in should be done by and yet our room wasn't even made up! It was clearly then rushed for there was no toothbrushes nor tissues in the room and we had to call twice for them since although they would "come up immediately for you" an hour later they still hadn't come.

Then we had an early bird ticket at the National Art Gallery so wanted to be up by 7:30 to get there on time. We asked for a wakeup call from a friendly receptionist, but they're clearly pathetic, no substance potatoes because there was no wakeup call and the room's clock was 15 minutes slow (for anyone staying in room 103 BEWARE) so we ended up being 50 minutes late to the gallery.

Then at breakfast the food was ok at best, but it took 4 people to walk past and us to ask the 5th before our dirty plates were cleared, unacceptable. Will never be back

Stayed: January 2017
1  Thank Aidan L
Nathan F, General Manager at Novotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2017

Dear Aiden L,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Canberra. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I am disappointed that the housekeeping service provided by my team has not met our usual standard. I will be personally following up your comments with my Executive Housekeeper and I apologise for any inconvenience caused.Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 6 January 2017 via mobile

If this hotel costed half of what it did cost, I might just have been OK with it but as it was expensive enough the many little niggles I had about it just added up to an overall feeling of dissatisfaction.

So, let's start with positives. The location is excellent. Close to the city shopping mall and some cheap eateries. The in-house bar and bistro are very good (the spiced salmon was excellent). It's walkable, albeit a long walk, to Parliament House and the various galleries.

But.

The room we got was not the type I booked, and there are problems in being given an 'accessible' room. The bed and all shelving was too low for my ageing back to enjoy the constant bending; the hand basin was awful for me when brushing my teeth ( my back again ) and the basin was cracked as well - is that hygienic? The bathroom looked like it belonged in a nursing home. Good for some and absolutely necessary but not for my nice, luxurious mini break.

The hotel has wifi, but it at a cost of $10 per day. It's 2017 and they do not have free wifi!

The hotel was noisy. Now, it was school holidays so I expected some child-created noise, but this lasted til after 11.00 pm on each night and comprised squealing children, TV noise from the adjoining rooms and adults talking. It shouldn't come through the walls, it just shouldn't. You can't expect children to be quiet all the time, so the hotel design should account for it. And they also think about where they locate people into rooms.

Also found that the staff, although universally pleasant, were not organised, on the final day of our stay, we came back to the room after being out from 9.00 til 4.00 to find the room not serviced. I reported it, and asked for it be made up when we went out for dinner and asked for some teabags immediately. They didn't arrive. No bother. Out for dinner and came back after 9.00 and room still not done. And I had to outline to the staff exactly what I expected ( bed made, clean towels, tea bags!). I mean, they're the hoteliers surely they'd know.. It was all, as I say, just underwhelming and mediocre.

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Nathan F, General Manager at Novotel Canberra, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2017

Dear 9HappyTrails,

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I am sorry that the room that you were allocated did not meet your requirements and I apologise for any inconvenience caused. I am also disappointed that the housekeeping service provided by my team has not met our usual standard. I will be personally following up your comments with my Executive Housekeeper. Lastly we do offer free WiFi in the hotel for our loyalty members and I am sorry that you were not made aware of this. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problems and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

We had another enjoyable stay here, and much quieter than last time as we weren't on the 2nd floor in a room on the way to the pool this time. I was curious to see what the pool renovations looked like, but we ended up not even having time to have a look.

We had a room overlooking Northborne Avenue, but we weren't bothered by traffic noise and had no trouble sleeping.

If you're using the hotel parking, the entry is around the back of the hotel in Moore Street, and it's all valet parking. They'll ask when you need your car next, so that they can have it ready for you.

Dear Canberra2600,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Novotel Canberra. I am pleased that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us and I will pass on your feedback to my team. Next time check out the pool as we are very happy with the end result! We appreciate the feedback and we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Canberra again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Booked direct with Novotel and got a great bed and breakfast rate for the family. Parking was a bit of a mission but concierge was extremely friendly. Great food in the restaurant at the hotel and location was very handy to centre of Canberra. Double bed were a little small and rooms pretty small for 2 adults and 2 x teenage kids but pool was a hit as was the buffet breakfast. (pastries amazing !) Overall a good experience and friendly helpful staff.

Dear Noosatravellers,

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at Novotel Canberra. I am pleased that you have enjoyed all aspects of your stay with us, particularly the service provided by my staff. I will pass on your feedback to my team and we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Canberra again soon.

Reviewed 4 January 2017

Novotel Canberra is a well-situated hotel adjacent to Civic. Rooms are well-appointed and service is excellent. Any requests to room service were quickly attended to and the breakfast buffet was a favourite with the children.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear martinmB3699YV,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us at Novotel Canberra. I am pleased that you have enjoyed the central location of the hotel and service provided by my team. I will pass on your feedback to all staff and we look forward to welcoming you back to Novotel Canberra again soon.