Reviews (1 024)
1 024 results
All reviews budget hotel german club continental breakfast plenty of parking free movies full buffet quiet location minute drive long weekend standard room free parking city centre war memorial parliament house manuka foxtel onsite
250 - 255 of 1 024 reviews
Reviewed 29 March 2017

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
ibis_Styles_Canberra, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2017

Reviewed 28 March 2017

Stayed 2 nights over weekend with family in March. Breakfast poor. Rooms need update. more motel feels than hotel. Not a 4 stars. For overnight sleep is OK. Bus stop at front door, but you need your own car in Canberra.

Room Tip: Higher floor is quieter.
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled with family
ibis_Styles_Canberra, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2017

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking time to write a review, much appreciated.

We usually receive very good feedback regarding our breakfast selection, my apologies you enjoy this. We are fortunate to be in a very good location in Canberra, right next door to both Manuka and Kingston, the bus stops on each side are a bonus.

I hope you consider visiting our hotel again and give us the opportunity to convey to you that your negative experiences are not our usual standard and that we give high priority to guest satisfaction.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

At 3 1/2 stars in the TripAdvisor ratings, this seemed okay without being stellar, but as Parliament was sitting on one of the days of my trip, it meant that a lot of the hotels were already full. So I opted for this option, a little further away from the city.
To be honest, it didn't meet my expectations, as it is more like a good motel than a hotel, and squarely aimed at the family traveller market.
+ves: The staff were friendly and helpful; breakfast buffet meant it was quick and easy to have breakfast in the morning; and the buffet has even got a pancake machine (let's be honest, that's a big positive); bathroom towels were big, soft and plentiful; air-conditioning effective; free wifi and movies; the bedroom had 2 double beds, so ideal for a family stay
-ves: Corridors and open areas near the reception smelt of whatever was being cooked in the kitchen both morning and evening - really noticeable the minute I stepped outside of my room; bathroom was pretty basic; it's a slightly upmarket motel, rather than a real hotel
I wouldn't stay here again for business - and especially at the rate I paid for the second night (over $250) - it's a budget hotel at a mid-range price

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank Ray F

Dear Guest,

Thanks for the extensive review.

I apologise that you found the rate high, we usually receive great feedback on this aspect. As you mentioned, with the complimentary wi-fi and unlimited movies, large, soft bath sheets, effective air conditioning and yes, even the pancake machine, which is always a winner with young and older guests, we feel we represent very good value. Thanks for the feedback regarding the food smells coming form the kitchen, I shall pass it on.

Thanks again,

Reviewed 28 March 2017 via mobile

Like all Canberra hotels in sitting weeks this place overcharges but here you don't get what you pay for.

I had a "superior" room, the upsides are that the room is large and airy and on the surface appears basic but clean and tidy. From there it goes downhill. Black mound in the shower, the shower is over a bath with high sides so wouldn't be good for anyone with any mobility impairments, tiny old fashioned shower rose, can't get to the taps without standing under the shower head. Wall mounted soap dispensers and single sheet loom paper dispensers feel like a public toilet. Reception opens at 6:30 am so you get locked in overnight and if you need to leave early you have to figure out how to escape through the fire exit. Would have to be desperate to do it again.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business

Dear Andrew W,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the ibis Styles, Narrabundah. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

I will be making note of your comments concerning the room. However, you may be pleased to know that we are currently in the process of a refurbishment which will ultimately make a substantial improvement to this aspect.

I thank you for bringing these matters to my attention. It allows me the opportunity to better serve our guests in the future.

Thank you.

Reviewed 27 March 2017

Stayed here one night during my visit to Canberra. The place is far from down town so if you don't have a car, it's difficult to get around. The room is spacious, the beds are big but spartan. No frills. Just a clean room to rest and sleep. The breakfast buffet is filling and the view of the pool plus the rays of the sun peeking into the coffee shop added a warm touch. Not too expensive but I've stayed in nicer hotels at lower prices but then again, this might be the going rate in Canberra.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family
ibis_Styles_Canberra, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2017

Dear JYo55,

Thanks for telling us about your stay. Our breakfast buffet is most popular with our guests and terrific value. With a view of the pool and a spacious room, it sounds like you had a great time.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.