Reviews (1 060)
1 060 results
All reviews budget hotel german club continental breakfast plenty of parking free movies full buffet quiet location minute drive free parking city centre parliament house manuka foxtel
492 - 497 of 1 060 reviews
Reviewed 1 March 2016 via mobile

The rooms themselves are very good,big,clean,comfortable & a great bed.
The food at this place is disgraceful.
The room service which you pick up from reception once cooked comes in a cardboard box & in a brown paper bag.
I had the chicken wings as entree,which were ok,hardly any meat but ok
The main Chicken Snitzel was absolutely disgraceful,it tasted like it was cooked the night before & reheated.

The buffet Breakfast I wouldn't feed to my dog,sausages were revolting as well as everything else they had served.

I'm here for another 2 nights & won't be eating here again,the German Club down the road craps all over this place.

Avoid the food here,but the rooms are good .

Date of stay: March 2016
Trip type: Travelled on business
ibis_Styles_Canberra, Guest Relations Manager at Ibis Styles Canberra Narrabundah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2016

Dear Guest,

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to serve you and sharing your feedback with us. I have forwarded your comments regarding your food experience to our Executive Chef, I know he will be extremely disappointed.

I apologise most sincerely and hope you consider visiting our hotel again to give us the opportunity to convey to you our usual high standard of our restaurant and that we give high priority to guest satisfaction.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 22 February 2016

Room was clean and spacious, modern bathroom, easy parking, pool, close distance from Canberra airport and Canberra CBD. Furthermore, their customer service is great, WiFi is free and their breakfast buffet is too die for!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

This so called "Hotel" would have to be amongst the worst places to stay i have ever come across. There is food on the roof, cobwebs all over the place, dead bugs in the light fitting, a strong smell of cigarette smoke in the room and the furnature that looks like older then my father. I would love to be able use other words to describe the place but that would prevent this review from being published. Do yourself a favor and avoid this place.

Dear Guest,

First & foremost, I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback, please accept our sincere apologies for having given you cause for disappointment following your recent stay with us.

I am truly and extremely concerned to have read your comments as this not at all reflective of the usual standards of service at the hotel at any time.
Please accept my genuine apologies that your recent stay did not meet your expectations and that you would choose not to return to Ibis Styles Canberra in the future, to which I hope you will reconsider.
I will be personally discussing your comments with the concerned departments for reflection and comment.

My sincerest apologies,

Reviewed 15 February 2016

The room was clean, the beds comfortable, the restaurant food was top drawer. The breakfast buffet was very ordinary. The cooked section of the breakfast wasn't really palatable. The green poached eggs was a turn off. Access to main attractions in Canberra was great.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2016

Location is excellent, near the Canberra bypass but only a short drive to the city centre. In one of Canberra's older suburbs, which is interesting.
Poor maintenance: Not working were two lights, exhaust fan (essential in the windowless bathroom) and the garbage bin wouldn't open. Bathroom was regularly plunged into total darkness when the final light failed. Only overly hot needing was provided.
Doors throughout the property all clanged loudly closed - could be heard by all other rooms in the corridor. Would be simply fixed by felt tape.
Tea and coffee in floor level cupboard is silly - hard to get to.
Reception rarely answers the phone and when they do it's after a long delay.
The basics of the property are sound and attractive enough but the poor maintenance and reception mean it's far below the usual Ibis standard.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Dear Guest,

Thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel.

I apologise most sincerley for the inconveniences that you encountered during your stay. In line with our commitment for greater guest experiences, we have a newly appointed Maintenance Manager. I can assure you things have already improved and will continue to do so.

I would very much welcome the opportunity for another chance next time you are in Canberra and would be most grateful if you would contact me directly, should that opportunity arise.

Thank you again, we welcome guest feedback.

Regards