All reviews apple tv realm hotel realm precinct parliament house light switches top floor two bedroom apartment room service sister hotel comfortable bed free movies car park national gallery business trip quiet area kingston foreshore free parking
Reviewed 15 August 2016 via mobile

We absolutely loved our time at this hotel (we stayed three nights in a 1 bedroom suite) - it really felt like a home away from home. All staff we came into contact with were very accommodating and friendly, and the rooms are modern, stylish and comfortable.

It was especially great to come back after a full day of sightseeing and choose from one of the many (free!) movies on offer to enjoy with a glass of wine.

Would recommend Lilotang downstairs for dinner and the small bar across the road.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sophie A
JG_DomaHotels, General Manager at Burbury Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2016

Dear Sophia A,

Excellent feedback in relation to your stay here at Burbury Hotel & Apartments.

Great to hear you enjoyed all facets of the hotel, from the comfort of the room, to full access of the wonderful restaurants we have at our doorstep.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 13 August 2016

Stayed here for three nights. On first inspection our room (a Burbury Suite) was impressive. Kitchen, dining, lounge, bedroom, and a large bathroom, plus a balcony. Unfortunately on closer inspection it was not very clean at all, the glass top dining table was covered in fingerprints and had food stuck on it, the bathroom had hair on the floors and the walls, and the frosted glass wall in the toilet had god knows what streaked down it........ewwww! I am not super fussy, but on our way out I reported it to the front desk. They apologised and assured me that this was not normal. The next day, our room still had the exact same mess, except for one, singular side plate, this had been put in the dishwasher, by itself, and the dishwasher had been turned on.....baffling!!! . I again told the front desk, who again apologised and gave us a complimentary breakfast, which was nice. On the third day, still nothing had be cleaned.
Our Apple tv never worked, the coffee and tea was never replenished, and the sheets were not changed during our stay.
The location was lovely, and the front desk staff were friendly, but I am sad to say that I would probably not stay here again.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5  Thank michie011

Dear michie011,

Thank you for your comments surrounding your stay here at Burbury Hotel & Apartments.

I can understand your frustrations with the cleanliness of your Suite, which is extremely disappointing on our behalf, as we typically show more consistency throughout this area of the hotel.

Please accept my apologies in relation to these issues, but I can assure you that these are isolated incidents and I'm sure you would see a positive change upon your return.

I do hope we get the opportunity of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 11 August 2016 via mobile

The bed and those pillows, absolute heaven most relaxing sleep in ages. This hotel has very prompt service and very friendly staff. There are also a variety of restaurants very close by. The hotel has all your standard features including underground car parking and free WiFi. While there was an upmarket nightclub across the road from us the room was sufficiently insulated to block the noise. Check-in and checkout was a breeze, I will definitely add this to my list of hotels to revisit.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
4  Thank 519bretts

Dear 519bretts,

Great review, sounds like you really enjoyed your time here at Burbury Hotel & Apartments.

The location of the hotel is excellent, with an abundance of restaurants close-by, all of which can be charged back to your room.

Great to hear the staff had such a positive impact throughout your stay - I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 10 August 2016 via mobile

The Burbury located adjacent to the Realm is the poorer version of the Realm hotel, one of the most soulless hotels which reflects the region well.

Room as cold with an overabundance of bare concrete, but beds are very comfortable. Apple tv didn't work well for me and room service food is adequate but not particularly inspiring.
Breakfast on the top floor is about the same standard as as mid level motel but with a much higher price tag. You would be better advised to find a cafe cose by (there are quite a few) where you will get better quality food at a cheaper price.
Parking is good but cost is about $16 a night extra.

Trip type: Travelled on business
4  Thank dawcom

Dear dawcom,

Thank you for your comments in relation to your stay here at Burbury Hotel & Apartments.

It's disappointing to hear of your experience here, as the majority of our guests enjoy the architectural design of the hotel, that extends excellent views out over Canberra.

You're right, the precinct does offer some fantastic cafe options, all of which have the flexibility of being able to be charged back to your room.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

From check in to check out - seamless, easy, efficient, professional and the list goes on.

Room was well appointed with comfy bed and great facilities.

The bad

1. Staff who make up room didnt replenish coffee satchels. A hotel of this calibre should have a nespresso or equivalent or at least have staff who pay more attention to detail.

2. Ordered room service and learnt during this process the food comes from the Realm and you guessed it - arrived stone cold. The disappointment was exacerbated by the fact it was delivered in take away brown bag with disposable cutlery. The price reflected dine in fare and quality and what I got was almost unedible with no ability to reheat.

Would I book again? Maybe. But would steer clear of any food service.

Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Glenn M

Dear Glenn M,

Whilst we have a strong ethos in ensuring our guests enjoy all facets of the hotel, it's disheartening to hear of the feedback in relation to the in-room dining service.

We do have a number of fantastic restaurants close-by, to which all can be charged back to your room, which may be more suitable upon your return.

I look forward to having the opportunity of welcoming you back soon.