“Very poor considering the cost”
Review of Gambado

Gambado
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Beckenham
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The UK's most exciting indoor play and party centre. We offer children the opportunity to play, run free and explore in a fun, safe and stimulating environment. Giant Play Frame, Huge Slides, Dodgems, Carousel, Ball Pits and Lots of Soft Play for the little ones. All rides included in standard admission. 3 hours free parking on site. Great party venue - party offers all year and private hire of the venue available.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Stairs / lift, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Reviewed 2 April 2018

Hello all, being annual members at minor mania in frant we thought we would try somewhere different as we have also been to manic monsters many times and fancied a change. The website makes it sound amazing but dont be fooled. The parking is non existant so we parked in the road which given previous posts might have been a good idea anyway. The frame is tiny compared to most we've been to. Service at the cafe was slow and the cost is crazy £29.50 for two adults and two under 5 just to get in, so we were expecting a lot. The carasel was tiny and the ride on the dodgems lasted maybe 2 mins then back for a long queue again. Ps if you go on this take your shoes as if you miss the small sign its a real pain. Overall we were not impressed... manics and minor are far better places and you can get in and eat for less than the admission alone... not going back...

2  Thank DSF1205
Gambado T, General Manager at Gambado, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2018

Hello,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Please be assured that we take your views very seriously and regularly review all feedback from our customers.

We are aware that our standard admission fees are higher than other children’s indoor adventure centres. This is because we offer more. Admission includes unlimited use of our premium facilities which are not available at other centres. If you add in the usual cost of additional rides on things like dodgems, carousel, climbing walls - whichever of these your local site offers as a premium ride - you can see what excellent value a play session at Gambado actually offers.

We encourage adults to join in with children at Gambado and the adult admission fee helps to pay for facilities that adults and children can enjoy together.

We also offer a great £5 admission for 1 adult and 1 child Monday-Friday which offer great value for money.

We hope to see you back at Gambado.

Best Wishes

"little boy"
in 3 reviews
"kids love"

Reviewed 26 February 2018

I recently had my daughters birthday party here and it was excellent. The party host was lovely, and very helpful. We had the far left room on the mezzanine level, and although this meant it was a little hotter than an area downstairs, it was much more private. The food for the kids was of good quality, and the adult platters that I ordered were excellent. The venue was very flexible about me bringing my own balloons, cake and party bags, and the kids had a great time. Would definitely recommend.

Gambado T, General Manager at Gambado, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

Thank you so much for the great review. We are thrilled that you had such a brilliant time at Gambado celebrating your Daughters birthday.

We can't wait to see you back at Gambado again soon.

Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

This week our daughter had her 8th birthday party here at gambado beckenham.

Everything was perfect and our host Harry couldn’t of done enough for us. He made our party and will def be booking up again!

1  Thank Chip87uk
Gambado T, General Manager at Gambado, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2018

Thank you for the great review. We are thrilled that you had such a brilliant time at Gambado and we were able to help make your Daughters 8th Birthday a roaring success. We will pass your feedback onto Harry.

We can't wait to see you back at Gambado again soon.

Reviewed 9 February 2018

The soft play itself is OK, I mean you can't really go wrong with a soft play can you?
My beef is the fact that we got a parking ticket (£65) for parking in the car park that actually says ' This car park is reserved for Gambado customers'. When I contested the ticket, the parking company said there is a sign up inside the soft play saying there is a limited time and you need to get it signed off by someone in Gambado.
We didn't see anything like this and to be honest anyone with young kids will understand that the last thing you are doing when entering a place like this is looking at posters on the walls. I really think the staff should warn you upon entry. Be warned.

3  Thank kenneymate
Gambado T, General Manager at Gambado, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2018

Hello, thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.
I’m sorry you have had a parking ticket, I know how frustrating it is, but we do not run the car park. We have arranged FREE 3 hour parking for all our customers and this is stated on our website and in the centre.
Gambado leases the building from our landlord, it was he that put in Gemini Parking to manage the car parking, and not us. We have worked hard to get the deal we have currently which allows our customers to park free of charge for a 3 hour period.
We do not share in any of the proceeds from the car park, and we have to abide by the rules as well.

In reference to information being in the centre - we do have signs in the centre and information on our website. I know I don’t need to point out that there are Gemini signs around the car park stating the restrictions but I do appreciate your feedback and understand your frustration - unfortunately I have no say with regard to what Gemini do.

I will reiterate to our reception team to mention this to new visitors as well as displaying the signs. The majority of our customers are here within the 3 hour free period and those who are not buy the ticket they need. We hope you'll return at some point to enjoy the centre.
Please email customercare@gambado.com so that we can make contact with you direct.

Best wishes

See more reviews
Reviewed 6 February 2018

This place is hell on earth for me. Loud, it stinks of fried food, the food on offer is terrible but my son goes crazy when he's here and comes back covered in sweat from having run like a loonie around the place. I love the fact that he loves it, but I can't wait to leave as noisy places make me feel a bit ill.

When you get home you have to wash your hair and clothes to get rid of the smell of fried food (depending on where you stand, some places aren't too bad). But the little one sleeps likes he's been to Gambados.

Gambado T, General Manager at Gambado, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2018

Thanks for your feedback - we're so glad your little one enjoys his time with us. We will take your comments into our monthly reviews to ensure we are getting the music level right - and you'll be pleased to know we are upgrading some of our kitchen equipment over the coming weeks which should help with extraction and food smells.

Do come back and see us soon - and we do appreciate your feedback.